UPA-2 : Chanting the FDI Mantra for Multi Brand Retail Samadhi in India

1 view

Nagarjuna

Nov 28, 2011, 12:45:48 PM11/28/11
to കേരള ഫാര്‍മേഴ്സ്‌
Dear All,
Three points strike me as pertinent at this juncture :
1. Perverse logic - There is a perverse political logic that needs to
be unravelled in the way UPA Prime Minister ManMohan Singh has stuck
to Sharad Pawar as Agriculture Minister and had earlier eased in Anand
Sharma in Commerce Ministry primarily with a twin mandate of
a) Clearing the way for Doha Round after the noise and fury that Kamal
Nath had induced and
b) ease in FDI in multi brand retail at an appropriate juncture.
2. Malafide Intent - The hurried announcement of the policy is of
malafide intent in the context of devaluation of Indian Rupee in a
global regime of Quantitative Easing in western economies and medium
term recessionary outlook in Europe.
3. Politically - the timing is supposed to send political signals of a
drive at the highest levels of UPA to oppose the very public debate on
black money and double digit inflation by diversionary tactics. This
is a sorry state of affairs for Indian political fixers.
Maybe some on the forum might be interested in my essay of 13 July
2010 -
http://www.scribd.com/doc/34266977/Critique-of-Discussion-Paper-Chanting-FDI-Mantra-in-Indian-Multi-Brand-Retail-Trade-Samadhi
Regards,
Nagarjuna