Keptn webinars, meetings, conferences, hacktoberfest - week October 5

Juergen Etzlstorfer

Oct 5, 2020, 4:42:38 AM10/5/20
to Keptn
Dear Keptn community,

do you want to actively contribute to Keptn? Guess what, October is the perfect month to get started: the open-source community around the world is celebrating Hacktoberfest and Keptn is part of it!

  1. Start contributing today: watch our intro video on Contributing.today and take a look at our issues labeled with Hacktoberfest! Don't forget to sign up on the official Hacktoberfest website to win a free T-Shirt (please note that Keptn is not affiliated with the organizers of this event)
  2. Start using Keptn today: the managed Kubernetes platform Civo lets you spin up a Kubernetes cluster within 2 minutes and the marketplace listing of Keptn allows you to pre-install Keptn. That means within 2 minutes you are ready to use Keptn on a freshly created Kubernetes cluster! Learn more about this marketplace integration on Wednesday, October 7th at 6 pm CEST where Keptn is invited in the Civo webinar.
  3. Get rid of your monolithic pipelines and use event-based continuous delivery instead: Andi Grabner will show you how to do this in this talk at CDCon on October 7: Join him here!
  4. Learn more about SLOs in the SRE Seattle meetup on Wednesday, October 7 at 3 pm PDT (!) where Alex Hidalgo and Jürgen Etzlstorfer will share some lessons from reliability engineering and how to use SLOs to safely update apps in production
  5. We want to highlight three sessions for DevOps Stage - a conference for those who create complex software, work on nontrivial technical problems, and use cutting edge technologies: Rob Jahn will guide you to event-driven SRE-inspired DevOps instead of monolithic release processes. Nestor Zapata presents autonomous operations and agile delivery bots. Jürgen Etzlstorfer presents how to fortify progressive delivery with automated quality-gates based on SRE best-practices. Register for free!
  6. The Performance Advisory Council is meeting again this year at their Jurassic PAC event and we want to highly recommend two sessions: Roman Ferstl will present automated quality-gates in performance testing. Andi Grabner will talk about automating test analysis with a custom Keptn SLI provider. Join them!
It is again a great week to get started using Keptn - if you have any questions, please join us in Slack and join the discussion!

Happy shipping with Keptn!