KubeCon, community integrations updates - Week Aug 10

Juergen Etzlstorfer

Aug 10, 2020, 7:25:43 AM8/10/20
to Keptn
Dear Keptn community,

KubeCon is around the corner and we are excited to have our own Keptn booth at this huge virtual event! Make sure to visit our booth during these times to have all your questions on Keptn answered! The Keptn team + community is welcoming you!
  • Monday, August 17: 12:30 –  19:15 CEST.

  • Tuesday, August 18: 12:30 – 21:00 CEST

  • Wednesday, August 19: 12:30 – 20:30 CEST

  • Thursday, August 20: 12:30 – 21:00 CEST

Thanks to the community we released a great new tutorial: Keptn in a box allows you to get started with Keptn on a VM with a ton of integrations already set up for you during the installation process. It is a great way to get started and explore the functionality of Keptn within minutes! Thanks, Sergio for contributing this!

While during summer season some of you might be on a well-deserved vacation, there are great things happening in the Keptn community that will be released soon:
  • Improvements to the Prometheus integration to allow a separated installation and upgrade cycle for Prometheus and to connect Keptn to an externally managed Prometheus. Full details in the Keptn contrib repo.
  • Improvements to the Slackbot to allow for approvals of deployments directly via Slack. If you are already a Slack user you will greatly benefit from this as you don't have to watch the Keptn's bridge for open approvals but instead get pinged by this integration directly in your Slack with buttons to approve/reject the deployment.
If you've missed our latest meetup presentation take a look at our YouTube channel or at our list of resources to watch the recordings.

Another highlight of the last weeks is our Keptn on K3s tutorial and webinar! Have Thomas walk you through the installation and its core use cases in this webinar or check out the tutorial and give it a try yourself!

Have a great week!