Assessment: What is It? How do we do it?

1 view

Sandra Thaxter

Jul 14, 2015, 5:01:57 AM7/14/15
to Kenya OLPC Google Group

Assessment in Game-Based Learning, Assessing Learning in Simulation-Based Environments, Assessment of Problem Solving and Higher Order Thinking, Engaged Learning, Games and Transformational Play, Learning Analytics, Measuring Learning in Informal Contexts

FURTHER READINGS

Messick, S. (1989). Validity. In R. L. Linn (Ed.), Educational Measurement (3rd ed., pp. 13-104). New York: Macmillan.

Messick, S. (1994). The interplay of evidence and consequences in the validation of performance assessments. Education Researcher, 32(2), 13–23.

Mislevy, R. J. (1994). Evidence and inference in educational assessment. Psychometrika, 59, 439-483

Mislevy, R. J., Steinberg, L. S., & Almond, R. G. (2003). On the structure of educational assessment. Measurement: Interdisciplinary Research and Perspective, 1(1) 3–62.

Shute, V. J., & Ventura, M. (2013). Measuring and supporting learning in games: Stealth assessment. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press.

Shute, V. J., Ventura, M., Bauer, M. I., & Zapata-Rivera, D. (2009). Melding the power of serious games and embedded assessment to monitor and foster learning: Flow and grow. In U. Ritterfeld, M. Cody, & P. Vorderer (Eds.), Serious games: Mechanisms and effects (pp. 295-321). Mahwah, NJ: Routledge, Taylor and Francis.