May 23rd 2024 KYW ** SEE NOTE 1 and 2**

Kentucky Winlink Net

May 21, 2024, 6:58:26 PMMay 21
to Kentucky Winlink Net
FEEL FREE TO TEXT ME at 6063353928 OR EMAIL MINUS THE SPACES BETWEEN LETTERS (r o l a n d @ r e b r o w n . o r g) IF YOU THINK MY STATION HAS WENT DOWN

***NOTE 1:  In addition to having Winlink P2P mode up during the P2P session, I will also have JS8CALL up and running on the same frequencies.  For those familiar with JS8CALL I have created an all call group @KYWN I will be monitoring JS8CALL while in front of the computer during the P2P session feel free to message, I may be there I may not.  Thinking about also trying out VARA AC next, so start studying up on that***

***NOTE 2:  40m Portion will conducting testing my homebrew 49:1 balun.  Feed back from those checking in P2P on 40m is greatly appreciated.

***P2P PARTICIPANTS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND A MESSAGE WHEN THE NET IS ON ANY BAND , JUST REMEMBER TO SELECT THE CORRECT BAND ON YOUR FORM***

***Please download and use the new Kentucky Winlink form V5, at https://www.lcarcky.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Kentucky_Winlink_V5.zip Unzip the files to C:\RMS EXPRESS\"YOUR CALL SIGN"\Templates ***

HOW TO INSTALL FORM VIDEO CAN BE FOUND AT
https://youtu.be/9fKmLebptnE ***

Kentucky Winlink Net
Session Type: VARA P2P, RMS local node of your choice, Telnet
***Net Times and VARA P2P Frequency Schedule***:
05/22 19:00 EST to 05/22 21:00 EST Center Frequency **7096** KHz USB, Dial Frequency **7094.5** KHz USB
05/22 21:00 EST to 05/23 09:00 EST Center Frequency **3586.5** KHz USB, Dial Frequency **3585** KHz USB
05/23 09:00 EST to 05/23 19:00 EST Center Frequency **7096** KHz USB, Dial Frequency **7094.5** KHz USB
05/23 20::00 EST to 05/23 23:59:00 EST Center Frequency **3586.5** KHz USB, Dial Frequency **3585** KHz USB
Information Requested: All requested info should be submitted on a Kentucky Winlink Check In form. See above for how to download and install.
Kentucky Winlink Check In form fields should be filled out as follows:
Date/Time: Date and time of report
Sender: Your Callsign
Location: Your QTH, if EOC or Hospital please note
Decimal GPS Coordinates: Easily looked up using your address via https://www.itilog.com/
MGRS: Will auto populate once you put in GPS info
Grid: Will auto populate once you put in GPS info

Comments: Please answer the following questions. Last one is Trivia thought we could have some fun with our practice. Feel free to lookup the answers if you want, we are not keeping score and you may learn something new.

Last Week's Trivia Answer: Volkswagen
Check-in Map For Last Week: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1oF3ZzJ-JVt-14iEYj_yr6P_FHmRYokQ&usp=sharing
Trivia: What South American country is home to Atacama Desert?