Jan 26th KYW ***NOTE FREQ SCHEDULE AND EXTENDED TIMES***

Kentucky Winlink Net

Jan 25, 2023, 11:08:14 AM1/25/23
to Kentucky Winlink Net
***FEEL FREE TO TEXT ME at 6063353928 OR EMAIL MINUS THE SPACES BETWEEN LETTERS (r o l a n d @ r e b r o w n . o r g) IF YOU THINK MY STATION HAS WENT DOWN***

***NOTE FREQUENCY SCHEDULE BELOW, THIS WEEK WE ARE GOING TO USE CERTAIN FREQUENCIES AT CERTAIN TIMES OF DAY. WE WILL OPEN ON 80M ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT AT 20:00 EST, AND THEN DURING THE DAY ON 1/19 WILL MOVE TO 15M. TO ALLOW SOME OF OUR CENTRAL US AND WEST COAST STATIONS A CHANCE TO DO A P2P CHECK-IN.  WE WILL THEN RETURN TO 80M THE EVENING OF 1/19.  BARE WITH ME AS I AM TESTING THE AUTOMATION OF THIS SWITCHING AND THE WHOLE PROCESS IN GENERAL***

Kentucky Winlink Net
When: January 25th 2022 20:00LT EST (00:00 UTC/ZULU) to January 27th 23:59LT EST (01/20 04:59 UTC/ZULU)
Session Type: VARA P2P, RMS or local node of your choice
P2P Frequency Schedule:
1/25 20:00 EST to 1/26 11:00 EST Center Frequency **3586.5** KHz USB, Dial Frequency **3585** KHz USB
1/26 11:00 EST to 1/26 18:00 EST Center Frequency **21091.5** KHz USB, Dial Frequency **21090** KHz USB
1/26 18:00 EST to 1/26 23:59 EST Center Frequency **3586.5** KHz USB, Dial Frequency **3585** KHz USB
Information Requested: All requested info should be submitted on a Winlink Check In form.
Winlink Check In form fields should be filled out as follows:
Date/Time: Date and time of report
Sender: Your Callsign
Location: Your QTH, if EOC or Hospital please note
Decimal GPS Coordinates: Easily looked up using your address via https://www.itilog.com/
MGRS: Will auto populate once you put in GPS info
Grid: Will auto populate once you put in GPS info

Comments: Please answer the following questions. Last one is Trivia thought we could have some fun with our practice. Feel free to lookup the answers if you want, we are not keeping score and you may learn something new.

1) Have you ever built or used a hex beam antenna?  If so what are your thoughts on how well they work?

2) What was Norm's last name of the TV Show "Cheers"?

Kentucky Winlink Net

Jan 25, 2023, 4:27:08 PM1/25/23
to Kentucky Winlink Net
I have some errands to run this evening so I have the station ready to go and the stream is up as well.  Station is on 15m frequency right now and the schedule provided in the announcement will take effect after that.  Fell free to provide feedbakc on the new stream format.  Expect some delay as I have a teenager in the house now.

https://youtu.be/ZrGnFE2islU

Kentucky Winlink Net

Jan 25, 2023, 8:07:57 PM1/25/23
to Kentucky Winlink Net
I hear a station calling be sure that you are using VARA HF P2P and calling AF4Y.

Kentucky Winlink Net

Jan 25, 2023, 8:43:26 PM1/25/23
to Kentucky Winlink Net
Sorry folks the VARA P2P connection was stuck in 500khz mode, I have corrected that thanks to one you.  So if you were trying to call at 2300 Khz wide give it another go.  That is why the live stream is such a good thing.