Re: [Kent-Birders] Abridged summary of kent-birders@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Murray Orchard

Dec 29, 2016, 4:50:36 AM12/29/16
to kent-b...@googlegroups.com
Whichever way you go there will be walking involved: about 20 min walking quickly without crutches. This may be more depending on where you park. Probably best to park off Swale Way on W side of creek by one of the new gateways (1-200 yds W of road bridge) then follow the made up track/path which runs up the west side of Milton Creek. This is part of the new country park. Google Earth will give you a better idea. Walking the other side means finding safe parking in the large industrial estate as parking in Swale Way itself is not advised due to heavy use by lorries etc. and presence of a travellers camp. Other routes would involve much more walking.
I hope you get there and enjoy the ducks. An hour or two before high tide is recommended.

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Dec 2016, at 17:42, "kent-b...@googlegroups.com" <kent-b...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Kenboybirder <Kenboy...@aol.com>: Dec 28 04:51PM

Can anyone tell me how to get to Milton Creek  where the Long Tailed Ducks are at. I was wondering if much walking is involved  because I use crutches. Regards. Ken.

Sent from Samsung tablet ...more