Question regarding Matrix_ks screensaver

movie0007

Feb 25, 2017, 9:34:56 AM2/25/17
to Kelly Software
First off, I want to say, that this is one of the coolest things for a screensaver; and of all the Matrix screensavers that I've had in the past, and just now from installing yours, I have to say that this screensaver nails the authenticity.  Earlier this evening my niece and nephew saw the movie for the first time, and they really enjoyed it.  Plus, sometimes my niece will come upstairs and see me playing Uplink or some other hacking game, or a dystopian type game that she'll question me about lol.

Anyway, this is my comment/question.

So, I noticed you can set to abort the screensaver by pressing a key, or clicking the mouse.  In the movie, there are numerous times when Tank is typing away at the keyboard with the Matrix code up on the monitors.  Is there a possible way to custom set a key to abort the screensaver?  Like, press esc to abort.  The reasoning for this is, my niece and nephew come upstairs, and they see me typing away at a screen of Matrix code, lol, they would flip out for real.

Again, excellent job with the screensaver.

Thanks.

kshipp

Feb 25, 2017, 9:39:07 AM2/25/17
to Kelly Software
Thanks for the comments.  I appreciate the feedback.

As for the screen aborts, they just don't work well with this code/screensaver.  There's so much going on that the focus shifts occasionally so that I'd have to trap a system-wide keypress, which could be complicated, depending on which version of Window OS.  For now, I'll have to pass on this suggestion. It would just be too tricky and probably not consistently work across all Windows.

movie0007

Feb 25, 2017, 3:22:51 PM2/25/17
to Kelly Software
You're welcome for the comments and if it's not something you see being feasible for the program, it's no problem.
Thanks for the response.