Windows 10 support?

Paul Hoffman

Sep 1, 2015, 5:51:47 PM9/1/15
to Kelly Software
First and foremost, THANK YOU for a remarkable screensaver. I have been using it on my Windows 7 64 bit machine for a long time. I recently upgraded to Win 10 and I have been plagued by BSOD, typically when the ss kicks in. I am loath to remove the Matrix KS to troubleshoot since I love it so much and there is no true evidence that it is the culprit. So I thought I'd ask about Win 10 compatibility directly from the source.

Thanks!

Kelly Shipp

Sep 1, 2015, 6:01:57 PM9/1/15
to kelly-s...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, I don’t yet have Windows 10 (planned on a test machine ONLY).   I plan to stay with Windows 7-64 for a very, very long time.

If/when I get Win10 somewhere to test, I’ll consider/confirm whether this ssaver will work on it.  Surely***** Microsoft wouldn’t break backwards compatibility with screensavers……..

Thanks,

Kelly

brian...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2015, 11:30:34 AM9/2/15
to Kelly Software
I have windows 10 64 bit and I run the screen saver with no problems I had to use it in compatibility mode and it works flawless

Paul Hoffman

Sep 3, 2015, 4:11:44 PM9/3/15
to Kelly Software
Thanks for the input. I didn't remove the SS but narrowed the BSOD problem down to the Catalyst control center app. Removed that and no BSODs for the last 2 days. And the Matrix screen saver is running.

Duncan X. Simpson

Sep 24, 2015, 4:39:56 PM9/24/15
to Kelly Software
I'm running it on Win10 perfectly fine. Manual install, copied files manually.

Robert Beistel

Mar 23, 2016, 4:46:26 PM3/23/16
to Kelly Software, ksh...@kellysoftware.com
Kelly, I had a question.  I am running windows 10 using the matrix screensaver.  Everything works fine accept for one minor issue.  When I come out of the screensaver, I get a blue screen for about 1-2 seconds before my desktop shows up.  Any ideas on what might be causing that?

kshipp

Mar 23, 2016, 4:51:42 PM3/23/16
to Kelly Software, ksh...@kellysoftware.com
Robert,

As for your 'get a blue screen for about 1-2 seconds after closing screen saver' -- never heard of that one.  I don't currently have Win10 on any box yet.  I've scheduled a test box to get it, so now it's up to MS to get it to that box.  All I can say is..... Windows7 is awesome.  :)   Not exactly the answer you're looking for. Sorry, can't help you yet.  It sounds like a Windows bug.....again.

brian...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2016, 5:05:50 PM3/23/16
to Kelly Software, ksh...@kellysoftware.com
it runs OK in my windows 10 have you tried running it in compatibility mode ? and choose windows 7/8 ?

Robert Beistel

Mar 23, 2016, 9:44:13 PM3/23/16
to Kelly Software
I am right clicking The Matrix screensaver in my program list and the window does not offer a compatibility tab at all so how do I run it in compatibility mode
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Brian Carr

Mar 24, 2016, 10:16:37 AM3/24/16
to kelly-s...@googlegroups.com
you can use the compatibility mode prior to install (uninstall the screensaver you have installed at the moment)  just right click on the Matrix_ks.exe file and click the troubleshoot compatibility in the context menu and follow it through

"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."

         Best Regards Brian.

On 23 March 2016 at 22:02, Robert Beistel <rushf...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am right clicking The Matrix screensaver in my program list and the window does not offer a compatibility tab at all so how do I run it in compatibility mode

Robert Beistel

Mar 24, 2016, 6:15:06 PM3/24/16
to kelly-s...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the suggestion Brian.  I tried windows 8, and windows 7.  It still does the same thing.  It's not like it doesn't work, but the blue screen thing is just a little annoying.  I will use something else and try this one again some day when Microsoft tests it like Kelly said previously.