Music not working - Matrix Screensaver

s1Lence

Aug 10, 2016, 10:30:35 AM8/10/16
to Kelly Software
So I followed the instructions on the website and it still does not work.
I properly wrote the text file as so:
C:\Users\John Doe\Desktop\KellySoftware\Matrix-ks\fable.mp3
C:\Users\John Doe\Desktop\KellySoftware\Matrix-ks\king.mp3
I chose the text file  containing the above information when in settings for the screen saver. The box to play the music is checked, and all the relevant music files are in mp3 format, as necessary.
The folder for the screensaver is almost empty. It only has a sub-folder named "Matrix-ks" while the main folder is titled "KellySoftware". I added the music for the playlist to the previously empty "Matrix-ks" subfolder, which now consists of two mp3 files and the text file. So the only items in the entire "KellySoftware" folder for the screensaver are the ones I previously mentioned (mp3 files+text file that I added).
Is it supposed to be so empty?
Any advice/help/suggestions is greatly appreciated as I would love for this to work properly. Everything else with the software is magnificent.

kshipp

Aug 10, 2016, 10:47:10 AM8/10/16
to Kelly Software
We're missing some info on your set-up.
Please specify your path to your text file/screensaver -- just so we can verify all paths.
The folder created during the screensaver install will be mostly empty because that's not where screensavers are installed. They are installed in your Windows folder. I'm assuming you already know this.  :)

Let's recap.
You need a text file that has a list of MP3 files in it, one per line with full paths.
You need to specify the location of this text file in the screensaver settings and check the box to use it.
I've attached two files:
1)..A screenshot showing how the screensaver settings should look, including the text file location and name.
2)..I've attached the actual text file that I was showing.
Note that I have the text file in the same folder as the actual screensaver, just to keep the files together.
Capture Selection-20160810-094206-1.png
Matrix_ks.txt

s1Lence

Feb 12, 2017, 10:45:04 AM2/12/17
to Kelly Software
Thanks! I am eternally indebted to you for the software and the support. All I did to fix it was move my text file with the music location in it over to "C:\Windows\Matrix_ks.txt" next to the screensaver, as you said, and it worked. This is the best screensaver I've ever seen, I will probably never use anything else (already been using this for a few years).
Thanks again <3

kshipp

Feb 12, 2017, 10:46:53 AM2/12/17
to Kelly Software