this is my song, tanka prose about letting go and letting be, by Joy McCall published by Keibooks

M. Kei

Aug 5, 2019, 4:08:44 PM8/5/19
to Keibooks...@googlegroups.com

Press Release: this is my song, tanka prose about letting go and letting be, by Joy McCall published by Keibooks

Press Release – For Immediate Release – Please post to all appropriate venues

Joy McCall has the peculiar effect on people that, living or dead, they decide to speak to her. Whether a tattooed a woman sitting down to write tanka with her at a cafe table, a blind man asking her to describe the night sky, or a ghost drifting up out of the earth to compliment her for the music, or the crooks (offenders and ex-offenders) who build, fix, and carry for her, she is as likely to be found having a conversation with a rabbi as a homeless man. Children and dead people confide their secrets to her, and so do witches, madwomen, criminals, and whores. Joy passes no judgments. All are human beings to her, each with their own stories, their own pain, their own demons, and their own gifts. Joy’s gift to all of us is her ability to open the door between the planes so that we too can step through and experience the world as she experiences it, conveyed to us through the medium of tanka and prose.

Guy Fawkes night

and all through the dark

the sounds of fireworks

while in my head

his low sad voice reading

she danced

across the browning grass

and went into the earth again

and all was still and quiet

in the graveyard

the doctor

who brought help

to so many

could not save himself

he is bones, somewhere

I did not mean

to spend the night there

but . . . the sheep

the hill fold

the sky full of stars

“Joy is endless. Her every day is filled with adventure, whether and wherever she wanders. This has been true of her tanka right along, and it is grand to see her extend her scope in the form of tanka-prose. You will be glad to have joined her in her everyday travels as she shows us how to find and see, in fresh new ways, the unique happenings of this world and of the otherworldsdream, history and imagination. You can lose yourself in this book, but worry not, she will bring you back home enriched.”Larry Kimmel, editor of Winfred Press.

this is my song, tanka prose about letting go and letting be

By Joy McCall

Afterword by Brian Zimmer

Introduction by M. Kei

Last Word by Jonathan Day

Keibooks, Perryville, MD 2019

ISBN-13: 978-1073513109 (Print)

$16.00 USD (print) or $5.00 USD (Kindle)

Available in print and ebook at Amazon.com and other online retailers.

Keibooks

P O Box 346

Perryville, MD 21903 USA

<AtlasPoetica.org>

Subscribe to Keibooks-Announce at Googlegroups.com to receive future announcements.

--
Keibooks
publisher of literature for discerning readers

P O Box 346, Perryville, MD, 21903 USA
http://atlaspoetica.org/
Keibooks (at) gmail (dot) com