Special Feature 25 Death Poems,’ Edited by Michael H. Lester, Published by Keibooks

M. Kei

Aug 9, 2019, 3:59:46 PM8/9/19
to Keibooks...@googlegroups.com

Press Release—For Immediate Release—Please post to all appropriate venues

9 August 2018 — Perryville, Maryland, USA

There are many ways to look at death and dying — with fear and apprehension, with courage, with humor, with anger, with sadness, with gratitude, with relief, and even with indifference. Within the emotional aspect of death and dying, these poems also examine the thoughts the poets have about what happens to us, to our essence, after death. Of the 25 death poems selected for this Special Feature, most conveyed a sense of acceptance, many faced death with humor, and a few explored other aspects of our relationship with death, including Zen philosophy, and the how, when, where, and why of death.

“It has been a pleasure and an honor to read the death poems from so many fine tanka poets. I regret I could not include all of the death poems that warranted inclusion in this Special Feature.” — Michael H. Lester, Editor

Sample Poems

Ed Bremson

dreaming

of snow . . .

walking

deeper and deeper

into the woods

Denis M. Garrison

broken and torn by

this dark and stony track . . .

my race never ends

but ahead,

endless green meadows

Genie Nakano

let me

be a raindrop

falling

deep into the earth

wild flowers in the spring

Contributors

Michael H. Lester, Autumn Noelle Hall, Kathryn J. Stevens, Eve Castle, Sandra Renew, Pat Geyer, Gerry Jacobson, Denis M. Garrison, Debbie Strange, Genie Nakano, Wendy C. Bialek, Pris Campbell, M. Kei, Christine “Chrissi” L. Vill, Azim Khan, Julie Bloss Kelsey, Susan Burch, Susan Constable, Nu Quang, Kath Abela Wilson, Carol Raisfeld, Joy McCall, Joanne Morcom, Peter Jastermsky, Ed Bremson

Visit http://www.atlaspoetica.org/special-features/ to read ’25 Death Poems’ for free.

About Special Features:

Keibooks is a small press specializing in tanka poetry. The ‘Special Features’ are open to Guest Editors to address a variety of topics in tanka literature today. Anyone interested in being a Guest Editor for a Special Feature at the Keibooks website will find guidelines at the bottom of the <a href=“http://www.atlaspoetica.org/special-features/“>Special Features</a> home page.

Anyone interested in being a Guest Editor should read the Special Features to familiarize themselves with the scope and format of the project. Keibooks’ Special Features are published on an irregular schedule.

About Keibooks:

Keibooks is a small press located in Perryville, Maryland, USA, founded by poet and tall ship sailor, M. Kei. Keibooks publishes select projects reflecting his interest in tanka poetry and the sea. Using print-on-demand technology, Keibooks is able to publish high-quality literature in attractive, affordable editions. Keibooks is home to Atlas Poetica : A Journal of World Tanka, and published Stacking Stones, An Anthology of Short Tanka Sequences in 2018. For more information, visit: AtlasPoetica.org.

Contact:

M. Kei, publisher and editor

Keibooks

P O Box 346

Perryville, MD, USA 21903

Email: Keibooks (at) gmail (dot) com

AtlasPoetica.org

--
Keibooks
publisher of literature for discerning readers

P O Box 346, Perryville, MD, 21903 USA
http://atlaspoetica.org/
Keibooks (at) gmail (dot) com