Keibooks Announces Atlas Poetica 37 : A Journal of World Tanka

1 view

Atlas Poetica

May 25, 2019, 11:44:16 AM5/25/19
to Keibooks...@googlegroups.com

Keibooks Announces Atlas Poetica 37 : A Journal of World Tanka

Press Release – For Immediate Release – Please post to all appropriate venues

24 May 2019 – Perryville, Maryland, USA

The power of poetry is to tell us true lies — to put us in a place where it is impossible to exist because it exists only in imagination. Yet we feel it with every fiber of our body; we believe it in our brains. It feels real to us. That reality becomes our reality, one that informs us, comforts us, worries us, and connects us. This completely imaginary thing, this fiction of the poet’s pen, has become our truth. We are living it.

This is the skill of poets from around the world who are gathered together in the pages of Atlas Poetica. Thirty-seven times in eleven years, in a multitude of languages — this time, English, French, Maltese, and Dutch — tanka speaks to us in these pages. In spite of the barriers of border and convention, the poets of Atlas Poetica are speaking their truths in tanka, kyoka, gogyohka, and related forms, such as cherita and sedoka. These short verses are like raindrops. Each one small and unique in itself, but together they are a deluge that carve rivers and fill oceans.

Atlas Poetica XX is now available for purchase at AtlasPoetica.org or at your favorite online retailer.

In This Issue:

Kira Nash

the cat doesn’t mind

if i rest my notebook gently

on her head

so i needn’t choose

between her and poetry

Mark Jun Poulos

in stroller

sleeps a baby —

how cute her toes look

resembling the buds

of a small flower

Michael H. Lester

forgotten and forlorn

he whiles away

the hours

pushing a shopping cart

up and down the sidewalks

he calls home

Peter Fiore

November —

last lonely crickets

crying

who will they vote for

on Tuesday

Robin Anna Smith

my early mastery

of division —

at five years old

my parents

divorce

Contributors:

ai li, Alexander Jankiewicz, Alexis Rotella, Amelia Fielden, an’ya, arvinder kaur, Autumn Noelle Hall, Bruce England, Carol Raisfeld, Charles D. Tarlton, Charles Harmon, Chen-ou Liu, Dave Read, Debbie Strange, Don Miller, Ed Bremson, Elizabeth Howard, Gail Brooks, Geoffrey Winch, Gerry Jacobson, Giselle Maya, Grunge, Ignatius Fay, Jackie Chou, Joanna Ashwell, Jonathan Vos Post, John S. Gilbertson. John Wisdom, Joy McCall, Karen O’Leary, Kath Abela Wilson, Kazuaki Wakui, Keely Record, Kira Nash, Larry Kimmel, Lee Felty, Lorne Henry, Lynda Monahan, Marcus Liljedahl, Marilyn Morgan, Mark Jun Poulos, Marshall Bood, Matsukaze, Meisha Rosenber, Michael H. Lester, Mike Garabedian, Miriam Sagan, Nu Quang, Patricia Prime, Paul Callus, Paul Mercken, Paweł Markiewicz, Peter Fiore, Richard Grahn, Richard St. Clair, Robin Anna Smith, Selkie Malia, Steve Black

Purchase at your favorite online retailer, or ask your local bookshop or library to order it for you.

Back issues of Atlas Poetica are available to read for free online at: <http://AtlasPoetica.org>. Visitors to the site will also want to check out the Resources section for more information about tanka, kyoka, gogyoshi, sedoka, cherita, tanka prose, tanka sequences, and more.

Submissions are read year round for Atlas Poetica. Complete guidelines are on the website.

Atlas Poetica : A Journal of World Tanka

Keibooks

P O Box 346

Perryville, MD 21903 USA

<http://AtlasPoetica.org>