Atlas Poetica 38 Published

Atlas Poetica

Sep 12, 2019, 1:17:54 PM9/12/19
to Keibooks...@googlegroups.com

Keibooks Announces Atlas Poetica 38 : A Journal of World Tanka

Press Release – For Immediate Release – Please post to all appropriate venues

12 September 2019 – Perryville, Maryland, USA

Atlas Poetica : A Journal of World Tanka, volume 38, edited by M. Kei, continues our tradition of excellence and diversity in tanka literature. More than fifty poets representing nearly twenty countries from India to Nigeria to Ireland to Ukraine to Mexico to Taiwan and more contribute. Tanka, tanka prose, tanka sequences, kyoka, cherita, and related literature, are deeply rooted in the place and culture of our hearts. Whether emerging poets first appearing in print, or experienced voices that speak to us across the artificial borders made by humans, the poets of Atlas Poetica are thoughtful, passionate, humorous, and honest. They find poetry in the most ordinary — and extraordinary — of experiences. Wherever we travel, we find that people of the cities and countryside share a common humanity. To know and take joy in our differences, while mourning the tribulations of our world, unites poets and readers in an unshakeable bond. As long as there is poetry in the world, there is hope.

In This Issue:

dawn chorus

as if nothing had happened

echoes

of distant surf

against the cliff face

Lorne Henry

I stand here,

still,

a great silence

upon me —

the silence of the sun

A A Marcoff

we are all

walking the Earth

with feet of clay

and hearts of tin,

yet sometimes we sparkle

M. Kei

Contributors:

Veronika Zora Novak, Rp Verlaine, Richard Stevenson, Richard Grahn, Paweł Markiewicz, Paul Williamson, Paul Mercken, Patricia Prime, Nicholas Klacsanzky, Neal Whitman, Murasame, Miriam Sagan, Michael Morell, Michael McClintock, Michael H. Lester, Matsukaze, Marshall Bood, Mark Jun Poulos, Mark Gilbert, Marilyn Humbert, Margaret Van Every, M. Kei, Lynda Monahan, Lorne Henry, Lee Felty, Larry Kimmel, Kira Nash, Keitha Keyes, Kath Abela Wilson, Judi Diggs, Joy McCall, Jonathan Vos Post, John Wisdom, Jason Morgan, Jackie Chou, Hifsa Ashraf, Gerry Jacobson, Genie Nakano, Gail Brooks, Eve Castle, Elizabeth Howard, Eduard Schmidt-Zorner, Don Miller, Denis M. Garrison, Debbie Strange, Dave Read, Chen-ou Liu, Charles Harmon, Charles D. Tarlton, Carol Raisfeld, Bryan Rickert, Bruce England, Barun Saha, Amelia Fielden, Alexis Rotella, ai li, A A Marcoff

Available from your favorite online retailer, or through special order at your local bookstore or library.

Back issues of Atlas Poetica are available to read for free online at: <http://www.atlaspoetica.org/buy-atlas-poetica/>. Visitors to the site will also want to check out the Resources section for more information about tanka, kyoka, gogyoshi, sedoka, cherita, tanka prose, tanka sequences, and more.

Submissions are read year-round for Atlas Poetica. Complete guidelines are on the website. Please allow up to 90 days for a response.

Atlas Poetica : A Journal of World Tanka

Keibooks

P O Box 346

Perryville, MD 21903 USA

<http://AtlasPoetica.org>