Reminder: Turn the Other Cheek deadline approaching

1 view

Atlas Poetica

Jul 2, 2019, 11:20:45 AM7/2/19
to Keibooks...@googlegroups.com
A Reminder Call to all prospective Atlas Poetica poets:

There is one month remaining to contribute tanka for the upcoming ATPO Special Feature:

Turn the Other Cheek:  Nonviolent Resistance and Peaceful Protest Tanka

Guest Editor: Autumn Noelle Hall
Submit to: ATPOPeace...@gmail.com
Subject line: ATPO Peaceful Protest submission—Your Name—Date
Deadline: July 31, 2019

Note:  While we are all facing unprecedented existential challenges in our world today—environmental, social and political crises of often overwhelming proportions, we are not powerless in the face of these challenges; we can respond in our actions and with our writing to encourage awareness, engagement and change.

Please send your BEST five tanka showing how YOU are resisting or protesting today.

Remember, tanka should embody the Japanese aesthetic of akarui, best described in M. Kei’s Bright Stars Organic Tanka Anthology as:

“bright, light, illuminated, brilliant, shiny, brassy, active, energetic, noisy, loud, happy, drunk, passionate, wild, playful, vivid and boundless.  That doesn’t mean you can’t send us dark poems—black is a color, too—but it should be an active darkness, not a hand-wringing, gently, sighing darkness.”

My sincere thanks to poets in advance for engaging with these ideas in this vibrant way.  I look forward to considering your work!
--

M. Kei
Editor, Atlas Poetica

AtlasPoetica.org