Update for Atlas Poetica and Keibooks

Atlas Poetica

Dec 1, 2018, 9:28:26 PM12/1/18
to Keibooks...@googlegroups.com
As you know, there have been numerous technical challenges facing Atlas Poetica and Keibooks this fall. We have resolved the immediate ones, Atlas Poetica 35 is published, some of the website bugs have been fixed, and we think we have a handle on what comes next. Alas, because the website template is archaic and unsupported, we will have to completely replace the website. In the interim, a few minor features will continue not working, but none of the remaining bugs are significant. If you do find something that's broken, please let us know! At this point, we don't have a schedule on when the new website will be available, but most likely in the spring.

Atlas Poetica 35 : A Journal of World Tanka is available for sale in print and ebook via Amazon.com. Sadly, the changes at the printer mean that is not available in as many markets as it was before. This is nothing we have any control over. Some readers have had success buying ATPO through a third party. Our titles are all distributed by Ingrams, one of the world's major distributors, so your local bookstore should be able to order them for you as well.

While I and our new technical assistant have been working on solving problems and bringing ATPO out in the same high quality editions, I have read very little of the backlog of submissions. My goal is to work on them through the month of December. Your patience is appreciated.

A reminder: ATPO is published on an organic schedule 4x a year; that means it comes out when it comes out. ATPO 35 is not actually 'late' since the winter issue generally appears in December or January. It seems 'late' because I deliberately pushed to get the fall issue out earlier than usual because I was aware of looming technical changes that would need time to work.

I have received some additional donations from supporters. I thank you all very much for your kindness. It enabled me to hire a technical assistant to address challenges, and will fund replacing the website. I also need some new hardware -- an aging computer needs some help. So your funds will cover that also. It seems like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. But I am optimistic that we have a plan for moving forward, albeit one that is going to take a fair amount of time and labor to implement.

Thank you for support! I encourage you to buy copies of Keibooks titles and those of all small presses and poets and give them as gifts to schools and libraries.

Happy Holidays,

~K~

M. Kei

--