Where is thedartabase file stored on my phone

nunio....@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2020, 12:50:43 PM2/8/20
to KeePassDroid
I've got KeePassDroid 2.4.1 installed on a Samsung S10. I'm trying to copy the database file to my computer, but the file location in the app is listed as
content://com.android.providers.downloads.documents/document/175

I can't find the file using any file explorer on the phone (ES File Explorer, Amaze, Dropbox,....). Where is it?

nunio....@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2020, 12:54:41 PM2/8/20
to KeePassDroid
Geez, major fat fingers, and can't find an option to edit the original post. Subject should read: "Where is the database file stored on my phone"

misha.d...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2020, 10:02:48 AM4/23/20
to KeePassDroid
Have the same problem, lost all my passwords I've added this year.

Seems Google Drive isn't syncing the file up to the cloud anymore.

manola...@gmail.com

May 18, 2020, 11:21:00 AM5/18/20
to KeePassDroid
I have the same problem, cannot open the database anymore (file location listed as "content://....." as below) and cannot find it one the phone. Anyone has tips how to solve this issue?

Shawn Mofid

May 18, 2020, 11:32:33 AM5/18/20
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com
If you have a Samsung phone, there is an app that allows you to look at different directories. If not, you can look at them when you place the database file on your phone, and remember the name of the directory. Mine I believe is called /internal or I can move the file to DCIM. This in my opinion is the best way to remember where the file is.
When you run the app it automatically populates some location, but that is not what you want if you moved a Database from your personal computer. You found that out. I agree, it is difficult to find the DB file if you do not know exactly where you put it. Have you looked into something like Android file manager? Here is the link: https://www.androidcentral.com/best-android-file-managers . I do not think you need it though, pretty much every android vendor has some sort of file manager.

Manola Bettio

May 18, 2020, 11:43:40 AM5/18/20
to KeePassDroid
Thanks for the kind reply. I have a Xiaomi Mi a1, Android 9.
I've looked everywhere into the phone (even with different types of Android file managers!) but cannot find the database anymore since more or less one month. I've been always using KeepassDroid without problems, and one day suddenly selecting the recent database as usual I've started to get one of the two messages, either "File not found" or  "file not found" or "file not found. try again contacting your product supplier" (translated from italian).
I've never deleted any *kdb file from my phone, cannot understand what to do :-(
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to keepassdroid-discuss+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Shawn Mofid

May 18, 2020, 12:18:08 PM5/18/20
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried rebooting the phone? I ask because android app linger in the background; you can shut down an application for good by clicking the bottom right button on phone and slide the app with your finger to the left or right. But a reboot does the same. I have had a tough time finding the files before, so I know it is not always easy on android. I am sure there are apps that make it extremely easy, I have always relied on connecting it back to my pc and making sure I know where the file is. I realize some times that may not be possible.

Manola Bettio

May 18, 2020, 12:26:37 PM5/18/20
to KeePassDroid
I've rebooted several times :-(
Unbelievable, cannot find the file on the phone and unfortunately was so naive to rely only on the phone app.

Any other idea? Seems from other posts that it's an issue common also to others, cannot believe there's no solution!

Il giorno sabato 8 febbraio 2020 18:50:43 UTC+1, nunio...@gmail.com ha scritto:
I've got KeePassDroid 2.4.1 installed on a Samsung S10. I'm trying to copy the database file to my computer, but the file location in the app is listed as
content://com.android.providers.downloads.documents/document/175

I can't find the file using any file explorer on the phone (ES File Explorer, Amaze, Dropbox,....). Where is it?

Dennis Bournique

May 18, 2020, 1:29:19 PM5/18/20
to KeePassDroid
If the file is on your phone and has the .kdb or .kdbx extension this will find it.
Using the Amaze file explorer:
1.Open the menu in the top right corner.
2.Tap Internal Storage to go to the root directory of your internal storage.
3. Tap the magnifying glass icon at the top, enter kdb and press the enter or search key on the keyboad
4. Wait for the search to finish which can take a minute or two.
5.If nothing found tap the menu again and choose the memory card if you have one. The memory card nay have a weird name consisting of four characters followed by a hyphen, followed by four more characters.Repeat steps 3 and 4 above.
6. If nothing found repeat the process but search for kdbx instead of kdb

Shawn Mofid

May 18, 2020, 2:48:11 PM5/18/20
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com
I just tested, and it works. Thanks. I hope it solves OP's question also.