my keepass database won't' open with keepass droid anymore

jfi...@marionschoolmt.com

Feb 18, 2016, 6:10:42 PM2/18/16
to KeePassDroid
I have a Samsung Galaxy s6. For the past few years, I've been keeping a master keeppass database on my Google Drive, then when I'm somewhere I need a password, I just open drive, click on the kdbx and it opens, allowing me to put my master password in.

Some time ago, this behavior stopped. Now when I click on the kdbx, it only says "This file type is unsupported"

Joe Fisher

Brian Pellin

Feb 18, 2016, 6:35:07 PM2/18/16
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com
I haven't been able to reproduce this. However, I have heard from a few others that clearing the App Data for the Google Drive app corrects this.

Joe Fisher

Feb 19, 2016, 1:47:58 PM2/19/16
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com
clearing data on Google Drive on my phone did it!

Joe

Joe Fisher, Teacher
Marion School
205 Gopher Lane, Marion, MT

sne...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2016, 12:00:18 PM2/20/16
to KeePassDroid
Having the same issue on a brand new Nexus 6P. Was working fine for the first 3 days--suddenly this morning, it stopped. I cleared drive app data, still no go. Reinstalled keepass, no go. Turned off drive's local document encryption, no go.

I can download from drive, and then from keepass open folder option, use a file explorer app to locate the download and then open it. But any attempt to access via drive fails.

"unable to open document. reason: no viewer is available for this type of document" The "open from device" option just seems to lock up drive.

Joe Fisher

Feb 20, 2016, 1:01:45 PM2/20/16
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com

I gave up on using the keeppass droid app and being able to click the file and have it open with keeppass droid. It worked once, but them reverted back to "file type not supported"

I downloaded keepass2android from the play store, it works flawlessly. You start work keep...2android, then tell it to open your kdbx file, put in your master password, and you're off to the races.

Joe Fisher
teacher/librarian
Marion School

sagie.d...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2016, 9:18:52 AM2/22/16
to KeePassDroid
I experience a similar problem. I'm suspecting this is related to an already reported issue - issue #808.

I worked for years with KeePassDroid and was always able to open KDBX files from any file manager or from Google Drive. In both cases I'd get (if I hadn't set KeePass as the default) an "open with" dialog and be allowed to choose KeePassDroid from a list of a few apps that have nothing to do with KDBX files.

Today, I switched to Android Marshmallow (CM13), and the only way for me to open KDBX files is with ES File Explorer.
With any other file manager, or with Google Drive, clicking on a KDBX file usually starts one of the PDF viewer apps I have, but never starts (or offers to start) KeePassDroid.
Trying to select a file to open from within KeePassDroid itself is also impossible since KDBX files are grayed out in the file selector (this is apparently reported as issue #807).

ippete

Feb 22, 2016, 2:58:34 PM2/22/16
to KeePassDroid
Mine had been working fine until I did an update of data in the kdb file.  After the update I started to get this error.  The update was done in KeePass on W10 and propagated to the Android devices via Google Drive.

Joe Fisher

Feb 22, 2016, 3:03:00 PM2/22/16
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com

I just started using keepass2android to open my database

Joe Fisher
teacher/librarian
Marion School

SQL Mark

Feb 23, 2016, 1:01:25 AM2/23/16
to KeePassDroid, jfi...@marionschoolmt.com
I had the same problem the past week, finally got online to see what was up and y'all nailed it with the same symptoms.
I initially cleared google drive cache & data, as mentioned above, but that didn't do a thing.
So, I went with uninstalling keepass and then installed keepass2android (took about 20 seconds).
A little different interface, but it works!  I'll get used to the interface but at least I have my keepass database.

Thanks everyone, especially Joe!
Message has been deleted

meganl...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2016, 4:40:13 PM2/25/16
to KeePassDroid, jfi...@marionschoolmt.com
Had the same problem.  Tried clearing cache data.  Uninstalling/installing keypass - without helping.

Google drive updated recently, so uninstalling google drive. The original version on the phone is used  then, and this worked for me.  I can now open the kdbx file from google drive again.

I was wondering if this was an 'intent registration' issue for keepass, or a bug in google drive. Noticed that in google drive the same group of apps is listed to "open with" all files that google drive doesn't recognise.

stephen...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2016, 5:38:30 AM3/8/16
to KeePassDroid, jfi...@marionschoolmt.com
I've got a similar problem. My KeePass file has both a key file and a password. The key file is located in a directory on my phone. The KeePass file is in a Dropbox location.

When I try to select the key file I get an error saying

"read failed: EBADF (Bad file number)"

I've been using Astro to locate the files, but if I go via the standard file browser all teh file types are greyed out (indicating I can't use them?).

I'm using KeePass 2.0.5. (it updated recently, and I think it's this change that is causing me problems).
My phone is a Nexus 4 running andoid 5.1.1.

I've cleared my cache, but as expected it did nothing - looks like a permissions issue. Any thing else I can try? (I'll reboot and uninstall / re-install anyway, but I don't think that'll help).

nal...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2016, 8:48:29 AM3/8/16
to KeePassDroid
Mine is apparently working with Google drive on this most recent update.

nicolas...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2016, 4:01:56 PM3/9/16
to KeePassDroid, nal...@gmail.com
Update 2.0.5 for Keepassdroid is meant to fix that

jhaver...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2020, 7:19:46 AM4/26/20
to KeePassDroid
Kindly help as from last 15 days not able to open my Keepassdroid with my master password. From no where getting help.

Awaiting your early reply  on jhaver...@gmail.com

Trine Rilorin

Mar 7, 2023, 3:14:21 AM3/7/23
to KeePassDroid
I just changed phone and I couldn't see my Drive files from Keepassdroid, but clearing the Drive app data as you suggested fixed it! Thank you for a great app.