recycling

1 view

Doris Kretschmer

Oct 9, 2011, 7:07:44 PM10/9/11
to Keeler1 Googlegroup
Hi,

I'm not sure whether others will be as annoyed with this as we are, but we confronted a couple of young women in a red Mercedes today emptying our neighbors' blue recycling cans into a big plastic bag an driving on up Keeler. We don't put our recycling out until Monday morning for that reason. The Ecology Center that picks up our recycling surely can't afford to keep running if they lose the bottles/cans/plastics to "scavengers."

Cheers,

Doris Kretschmer
890 Keeler, corner of Marin

Myrna Walton

Oct 9, 2011, 8:49:19 PM10/9/11
to Doris Kretschmer, keeler-ave-...@googlegroups.com
We've seen this many times.  Last year it was two men in a pickup truck. I yelled at them and they left, slowly.   They kept coming back.  We called the police and the recycling center but finally gave up.
Myrna Walton

Oct 10, 2011, 11:33:31 AM10/10/11
to Keeler1 Googlegroup
Hi neighbors,

A few resources for reporting illegal poaching of recycling. It sounds like police are more likely to follow up if poachers are using a car.

http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/council5/poachingnews.html

How to report poaching/numbers to call:

http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/council5/poachingreports.html

Best,