Khasakkinte Ithihasam

c.v.venugopalan cheriyaveettil

May 8, 2016, 9:35:59 PM5/8/16
to Keacore Google, keaban...@googlegroups.com
Kudos to NECAB for bringing this great work of art to Bangalore. Though the first day's show was, unfortunately, washed out due to rain, we had a chance to watch it on Saturday. Yesterday too, I believe, the show was held though slightly delayed due to rain.

Those who couldn't watch on Friday and others who haven't seen the drama, please make it a point to visit Christ ICSE school this evening and witness an epic. This may be the only chance to watch since it is not easy to perform the darama at outside Kerala venues because of logistics. It would also be a way to support a rare initiative.
Regards

The spectators

The opening scene

Ravi, his stepmother, and father on wheelchair

Madhavan Nair, the tailor

Aliyar with his samovar

Allapicha Mollakka taking classes in his "Othupalli". Observe the outline of the othupalli done in chalk.

Children leave the othupalli after listening to the story of Syed Mian Sheikh Thangal

Narayani amma, wife of Sivaraman Nair  preparing to dry paddy

Mollakka brings home Nizamali the tramp, bathes him, dresses him and gives a sumptuous dinner.
Maimuna can be seen on the left.

Nizamali lighting agarbathis at the grave of Kuttappu Nari

Nizamali giving potion to Neeli for abortion

Neeli's sisters mourning her death

Flashback to the birth of Appukkili born to Neeli and Kuttappu

The closing scene

jayaraj menon

May 8, 2016, 10:42:14 PM5/8/16
to Keacore, Keabangalore

Yes, it was an outstanding show. Top class.
A brilliant collective effort by NECAB, the work done behind it - book reading, painting shows, innumerable meetings, heartaches.... Amazing. Congratulations to all the people who worked behind it.

Venugopalan Cheriyaveettil

May 9, 2016, 1:58:04 AM5/9/16
to KEA core group, keaban...@googlegroups.com
A small correction;the show could not be held on Friday and we watched on Saturday.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 6:59 AM, Venugopalan Cheriyaveettil <venugo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Kudos to NECAB for bringing this great work of art to Bangalore. Though the first day's show was unfortunately, washed out due to rain, we had a chance to watch it on Sunday. Yesterday too, I believe the show was held though slightly delayed due to rain.
Those who couldn't watch on Saturday and others who haven't seen the drama, please make it a point to visit Christ ICSE school this evening and witness an epic. It would also be a way to support a rare initiative.

Sudeesh Yezhuvath

May 9, 2016, 2:37:01 AM5/9/16
to keaban...@googlegroups.com, KEA core group
Thank you very much for your support and kind words of encouragement, Venuettan & Jayaraj!

Regards
Sudeesh

Sahara Nam Krishnan

May 9, 2016, 4:08:43 AM5/9/16
to keaban...@googlegroups.com, KEA core group
How did i miss you Venuettan ?....even pay eve I was asking someone . Great pics and a real thumbs up on that...

Cheers
Nam

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.