NotSerializableException due to SpanishStemmerSB

Germán Aquino

Dec 18, 2016, 11:31:01 AM12/18/16
to Kea and Maui Support
Hello,
I'm working with Maui 1.3 and running some tests over a set of documents in Spanish. I had been working with version 1.2 and upgraded it just recently. I ran into a problem when I tried to save the model to disk, namely that the SpanishStemmerSB was not serializable.

The quickest solution I got was to declare the SpanishStemmerSB field in the SpanishStemmer class as transient, but I doubt it is a good fix. The tests don't fail but I wonder how loadModel() manages to properly load the stemmer if its main field is transient.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
Germán.