Regarding Downloading the KTurtle software for Windows

Om jee Gupta

Mar 3, 2017, 5:24:33 AM3/3/17
to KTurtle; an educational programming environment
Dear Sir,

Please share a link, How to download the KTurtle software for Windows?

Thanks & Regards
Om Jee Gupta

cies

Mar 3, 2017, 5:31:09 AM3/3/17
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
I'd say it is best to install KTurtle in a VM (like VirtualBox -- free and open source) running a Linux distribution (like Ubuntu). There are plenty guides available on getting a VM'ed Ubuntu ​running on windows, then installing KTurtle is just a point-and-click install piece of software from the package manager.

There's also KDE on Windows (KDE is the greater collaborative effort that KTurtle is part of), but I have no experience with it. If you try this route, please report back your experiences! Thanks in advance...

Good luck!

Leo Barichello

Mar 3, 2017, 6:01:59 AM3/3/17
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Some time ago, it was possible to install KDE on Windows and then install Kturtle with a few clicks.
But that is not the case anymore. The project KDE on Windows changed its focus and now they are creating installers for each Ksoftware separately. So far, Kturtle is not in the list (and I do not think it is going to be in the near future).

So, at this moment, it is not possible to install Kturtle on Windows. The best (and apparently only) solution is using a virtual machine, as Cies said.

Best,
Leo

PhD Student | Centre for Research in Mathematics Education
School of Education | University of Nottingham