KTurtle still supported

Stuart Steedman

Sep 4, 2016, 9:08:57 AM9/4/16
to KTurtle; an educational programming environment
Hi guys,

Is KTurtle still supported?  Been having marvellous fun with my six-year old twin daughters, who love it.  Want to look at starting a computer club with their friends, using this.
Will the software continue to be supported down the line (newer Ubuntu releases etc.)?

Loving it otherwise!

Cheers,

cies

Sep 4, 2016, 9:16:32 AM9/4/16
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
I do not much support it, but it needs little fixing at this point. Very few bugs get reported while it is used quite a bit.

I'm very happy that you can use KTurtle for it's intended purpose: attract the young to hackerdom as soon as possible :)

Have a nice day!
Cies.

omar lazzari

Nov 20, 2016, 6:29:22 AM11/20/16
to KTurtle; an educational programming environment
I use it under ubuntu with no problem but is it possible porting to windows for those teachers who want use microsoft SO?
is it possible to have a single file-installer like these in https://community.kde.org/Windows ?

thanks
omar

On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Stuart Steedman <stu...@steedman.co.za> wrote:
Hi guys,

Is KTurtle still supported?  Been having marvellous fun with my six-year old twin daughters, who love it.  Want to look at starting a computer club with their friends, using this.
Will the software continue to be supported down the line (newer Ubuntu releases etc.)?

Loving it otherwise!

Cheers,

Dinesh G.S

Jan 17, 2017, 1:02:38 PM1/17/17
to KTurtle; an educational programming environment
hi hello, can anyone please suggest me how to download kturtle  for windows xp

omar lazzari

Jan 18, 2017, 1:57:43 AM1/18/17
to KTurtle; an educational programming environment
I have a file that download software but i don't know if repositories still work. The method is that you see in my youtube video. I can share the file with you if you want try. Otherwise have you tried kojo? Or simply install Lubuntu that is the best for old pc.

Daniel

May 18, 2018, 3:04:13 AM5/18/18
to KTurtle; an educational programming environment
Or you can use another Free Software more native to Windows like: FMSLogo

Daniel

jp_a...@id.uff.br