KTurtle Questions

Ms.B_Techie

Aug 11, 2009, 8:55:02 AM8/11/09
to KTurtle; an educational programming environment
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a KTurtle version for Windows XP or Vista
that my students can download and use on their home computer.

Also, we have recently upgraded our Ubuntu to 9.04. Does this new
version support the printing of the canvas?

Lastly, I see where someone posted a question about lesson plans for
KTurtle. I have found numerous plans that only focus on Logo. When
my students have tried to follow those lessons in KTurtle, it doesn't
come out the way the instructions display them. Do you all have plans
on creating a better KTurtle guide/lesson plans/etc such as the one
used for GIMP?

Thank you so much for you time.

Ms. B

Niels Slot

Aug 11, 2009, 2:11:47 PM8/11/09
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A Windows version of KDE, including KTurtle, is available at http://windows.kde.org . You can download an installer from this web page. The installer might be a bit complicated, so I advise you to give it a try yourself before telling your students where to find it. During the installation, you can select different packages. KTurtle is in the 'kdeedu' package, along with the other KDE-Edu programs.

The version of KTurtle shipped with Ubuntu 9.04 (KDE 4.2) does not yet support printing of the canvas. We currently have this feature ready in our development branch of KTurtle. If we encounter no problems a version of KTurtle with this feature will be released in January 2010. This release should then make it into Ubuntu 10.04, which should be released in April of 2010.

I'd like to refer your question about lesson plans to Cies (the original author of KTurtle). From what I can tell, he's still traveling, so it might take a while for him to respond.

Thanks for using KTurtle :)

Niels

cies

Aug 14, 2009, 2:32:20 AM8/14/09
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
as niels points out use the windows installer for the widows version of kturtle.
maybe in the future we'd like to make a 'one click' installer for
kturtle -- bundeling everything in one package. (i still forsee that
someone will make an automation process for one-click installers for
all kde apps)

printing is coming indeed. maybe you can save the canvas in your
version of kturtle, otherwise making screenshot might be a (poor but
working) solution.

regarding the lessons -- there is no such thing for kturtle. if you
adopt a lesson plan for a LOGO variant to kturtle please share it,
preferably under some license that allows others to collaborate on it
(like the creative commons licenses). :)

thanks for your interest in kturtle!
please share more of your experiences on this mailing list so we can
make kturtle better.

regards (from a beautiful tropical island, "ko payam", with white
beaches in the south of thailand -- sorry, had to note it),
_cies.

Leo Barichello

Apr 28, 2013, 4:36:17 PM4/28/13
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Sanjay

You can get it by installing kde on windows and, during the installation, selecting KdEDU -> Kturtle.
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation

Alternatively, you can download the file http://mais.mat.br/kturtle/instalacao.rar, unpack it and run kturtle.exe. The only problem is that his pack is configured for bazilian portuguese, but you can change it easily.

Leo

2013/4/28 Sanjay Sanghi <sanghis...@gmail.com>

Sócio-diretor da Mais educacional - www.mais.mat.br
Professor do Colégio Villa Lobos e Anglo Bragança Paulista