Kturtle italian version

Riccardo Esposito

Nov 24, 2013, 3:48:45 AM11/24/13
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I just installed Kturtle in the Ubuntu environment via the software center, but the application don't use italian commands.
What has to be done?
Thanks in advance

Riccardo

Joy Sankar Sengupta

Nov 24, 2013, 2:18:03 PM11/24/13
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Riccardo,

At first you need to install Italian language in your system. You can refer here to install the same.

After successful installation of the language you need to download following .po files from given urls:

For example, I have considered you would have downloaded above .po files in your desktop directory. Now you need to go to your desktop directory from terminal and run following commands to make your kturtle work in Italian language:

 msgfmt --statistics --check-header desktop_kdeedu_kturtle.po

 msgfmt --statistics --check-header kturtle.po

 msgfmt desktop_kdeedu_kturtle.po -o desktop_kdeedu_kturtle.mo

msgfmt kturtle.po -o kturtle.mo

cp   kturtle.mo  /usr/share/locale-langpack/it/LC_MESSAGES
cp  desktop_kdeedu_kturtle.mo  /usr/share/locale-langpack/it/LC_MESSAGES

Now your system is ready to change the language to Italian for kturtle. Open kturtle and change the language to Italian.

Thanks

Joysankar

Best Regards,
Joysankar Sengupta