kturtle for MAC

Katy Lazaro

Jan 5, 2014, 11:19:18 PM1/5/14
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to install kturtle on a mac. Is there is package that can be installed? All i found so far is, kturtle needs to be compiled

I have also found I can get a copy:

git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kturtle

But, do I need to compile/download anything before that? (like get kde?)

Please any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Katy

cies

Jan 6, 2014, 5:11:08 PM1/6/14
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
yups you need kde.

have a look over here:
http://community.kde.org/Mac

it's not that hard.

allternatively you could install a virtualization host, like
virtualbox (free), install some linux distro (or download an pre-made
image), and use it that way.

g'luck!
c.

Katy Lazaro

Jan 7, 2014, 12:05:54 AM1/7/14
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

So yea, I was following that procedure for mac ports. Got to the step where i execute svn+ssh. It is failing. Do I need developer access to kde for that? I have my public key in ~/.ssh. Do I need to submit my public key to kde?

Thank you very much. (I will look at teh option of a virtualbox)

Katy
 cd ~/kde/src/trunk
 svn co svn+ssh://xxx...@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdesupport