Let`s starting something!

Leo Barichello

Nov 1, 2014, 4:14:31 PM11/1/14
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Anybody there wishing to start something related to kturtle?

- We can try to create a online free course about it;
- Discuss some new feature;
- Increase the kde-file archieve;

Best regards,
Leo

--
PhD Student | Centre for Research in Mathematics Education
School of Education | University of Nottingham

cies

Nov 1, 2014, 6:59:34 PM11/1/14
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com

Most welcome! I think a hopd starting point would be a classroom where kturtle  (or similar piece of software) is used to teach. That will provide valuable feedback. Im currently in contact with hackerdojo rotterdam, who are not yet using it, but may be an interesting platform.

Have a nice day!

Leo Barichello

Nov 2, 2014, 5:44:08 AM11/2/14
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Cies

Currently I am not teaching, but I used Kturtle with undergraduates, to explore mathematics contents such as geometry and probability, and a little with high school students to simulate probability exercises.
I would be very interested on working with some proposal related to probability and kturtle, but can help with any idea regarding classroom.

Anybody else available?

Leo

Leo Barichello

Nov 3, 2014, 4:54:28 PM11/3/14
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Cies, do you think there is any possibility of creating some interface between kturtle and browsers?

Leo Barichello

Dec 10, 2014, 1:19:29 PM12/10/14
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
What about we do something to improve the Wikipedia page about Kturtle?
We could expand it including sections about "groups of commands" (like movement, visual , artihmetic, etc) with some short examples.

cies

Dec 10, 2014, 3:22:24 PM12/10/14
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com

For this i really like coderworld (or codeworld), its written in haskell and compiles to js using ghcjs -- awesomeness all around that project.

Though it lacks the i18n aspect that kturtle has so well worked out.

Maybe an interesting feature to add to coderworld some day ;)