Windows KTurtle Error for intsallation

Nitin Patil

Feb 28, 2019, 3:54:58 AM2/28/19
to KTurtle; an educational programming environment
Hi,

I'm trying to download the KTurtle on my windows 7 64bit and windows 10 64bit. Installation runs, but it couldn't find the  file "stable 4.10.2". It shows blank page and doesn't go on the next page.

Error logs shows below error. Could you please suggest how to fix it? Appreciate your quick response.

[2019-02-28 12:04:17] (MirrorType (url:QUrl("http://download.kde.org/Attic") name: "http://download.kde.org/Attic" continent: "World Wide" country: "" ) )
[2019-02-28 12:04:17] "World Wide, (http://download.kde.org/Attic)"
[2019-02-28 12:04:19] QUrl( "http://download.kde.org/Attic" )
[2019-02-28 12:04:19] QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to ReleaseSelectionPage "ReleaseSelectionPage", which already has a layout
[2019-02-28 12:04:19] Downloading "http://download.kde.org/Attic/" to memory
[2019-02-28 12:04:19] Downloader(0x2fea2b8) Downloader::fetchInternal url: "http://download.kde.org/Attic/"
[2019-02-28 12:04:20] Downloader(0x2fea2b8) Downloader::slotReplyFinished
[2019-02-28 12:04:20] redirected to QUrl( "https://download.kde.org/Attic/" )
[2019-02-28 12:04:20] Downloader(0x2fea2b8) Downloader::slotReplyFinished
[2019-02-28 12:04:20] could not fetch "attic" versions from QUrl( "http://download.kde.org/Attic/" )
[2019-02-28 12:04:20] current mirror with release QUrl( "http://download.kde.org/Attic/stable/latest/" )
[2019-02-28 12:04:20] release QUrl( "http://download.kde.org/Attic/stable/latest/" ) not found on this server
[2019-02-28 12:04:24] QUrl( "" )

Akis G

Mar 6, 2019, 3:53:26 AM3/6/19
to KTurtle; an educational programming environment

Τη Πέμπτη, 28 Φεβρουαρίου 2019 - 10:54:58 π.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Nitin Patil έγραψε:
Hi,

I'm trying to download the KTurtle on my windows 7 64bit and windows 10 64bit. Installation runs, but it couldn't find the  file "stable 4.10.2". It shows blank page and doesn't go on the next page.

Hi Nitin! :-)

I think it means that KDE for Windows has just wiped out, for making room on their Attic! :-)
It was a good project, but unfortunately it's now dead! :-(

Officially, it's still alive, but only as stand-alone installers in beta stage, for specific programs (and KTurtle is NOT one of them). :-(
More informations, about KDE for Windows here: https://community.kde.org/Windows.

Personally, I tried most of them and I kept only Kate (x64).

Does anyone else knows any more details?
Any viable alternatives for Windows?
Personally I heard about Libre Office's LOGO, but I didn't try it so far.
A.

Nitin Patil

Mar 6, 2019, 4:05:04 AM3/6/19
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Akis for the update.

Daniel Ajoy

Mar 6, 2019, 9:31:34 AM3/6/19
to KTurtle; an educational programming environment, Akis G
On Tue, 05 Mar 2019 19:14:58 -0500, Akis G <anthip...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any viable alternatives for Windows?

FMSLogo has as a GNU license.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdEIsBg7a64