Re: kturtle for windows

Leo Barichello

Nov 10, 2012, 7:12:45 AM11/10/12
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Have you tried http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation?

Bye

Em 10/11/2012 09:44, "joshibhaiya" <joshi...@gmail.com> escreveu:
i have joined this group to find how can i get a free version of kturtle and install it on my pc running with windows xp

Leo Barichello

Dec 8, 2012, 7:43:22 AM12/8/12
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Just follow theses instructions: http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows

Leo

2012/12/8 aryan patel <aryan...@gmail.com>
how get a free version of kturtle and install it on my pc running with windows 7

Sócio-diretor da Mais educacional - www.mais.mat.br
Professor do Colégio Villa Lobos e PUC-Campinas

Message has been deleted

tom arnall

May 28, 2014, 6:25:54 PM5/28/14
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com

this page gives a less technical presentation of the installation process:

    http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation

for me it was easier to follow. but be careful which server you choose from the list they give. some don't have all the software you need. the URL with winkde.org worked for me after several failed attempts with the others. also i've read at one of the kde sites that the URL with kde.org has everything.

also, you will at some point in the install process be given a choice of the specific applications which you want. choose kdeedu. this is a collection of applications which includes kturtle.

enjoy!

Tom Arnall

md javed

Apr 20, 2015, 1:39:57 PM4/20/15
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
hi

Can you help me to install kturtle on Windows 8?

On Saturday, 10 November 2012 12:37:49 UTC+5:30, joshibhaiya wrote:
i have joined this group to find how can i get a free version of kturtle and install it on my pc running with windows xp

Leo Barichello

Apr 21, 2015, 3:48:37 AM4/21/15
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
The steps in the page below are not working on windows 8?

It should work...

PhD Student | Centre for Research in Mathematics Education
School of Education | University of Nottingham

tom arnall

Apr 21, 2015, 4:19:53 PM4/21/15
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Leo,

have you considered using pyturtle instead? it's got lots more
features, beginning with the fact that it lives in the Python language
environment, so it's a very good point of departure for learning to
program in an important and easy to learn language. also, pyturtle
knows about graphical events, e.g., mouse clicks, and python can be
used to program hand helds. this means that you can get very close to
writing a smartphone or tablet app by creating it in the pyturtle
environment.

regards,

tom arnall
ensenada
> Google Groups "KTurtle; an educational programming environment" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/kdeedu-kturtle/2gzC3Ec48xE/unsubscribe.

Leo Barichello

Apr 22, 2015, 4:40:39 AM4/22/15
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Tom

I read something about pyTurtle, but never tried. To be honest, I am using heavily Scratch.mit.edu to teach computer programming for Middle and High School students and it works great!

I think kturtle is good for slightly older students, when the teacher wants to emphasize the programming language itself without much distractions (like the sounds and visual effects). For instance, I use it something for probability simulations with 16-18 years old students and I think it is better than Scratch and still not too technical as other programming languages.
Bearing this in mind, I wonder what would be a next step for kturtle...

Leo

tom arnall

Apr 23, 2015, 1:22:43 AM4/23/15
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
Leo,

nice to hear from you. do you run linux by any chance? if so:

~/$ apt-get install kturtle

gets you running. i'm not great with windows because of an alergy to
viruses, beginning with windows itself. i call it the 'ya'll come
virus,' because it invites all the others onto yr system. kidding,
kidding! somewhat.

at any rate, the great thing about pyturtle is it dumps the student
right away into python. as you probably know, it's a very marketable
skill, replacing gradually it seems even perl. it you want more info
on that, please let me know. also, pyturtle knows about about mouse
click events, so you can build a simulation of a cellphone app. also,
you can use it to write cellphone apps, so i suspect that it might be
of particular interest to our young hand-held addicts ;o)

sorry i can't be more help with the windows problems. hope you solve them soon.

Regards,

Tom Arnall

----------
Faced with the possibility of its extinction, every species finds
within itself powers unthinkable in the days of its complacency.

Soumen Biswas

Jul 6, 2015, 2:30:33 PM7/6/15
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com
when i tried to download the installer it shows HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway time out.

Leo Barichello

Jul 7, 2015, 3:29:56 AM7/7/15
to kdeedu-...@googlegroups.com

Soumen Biswas