KDC Showdown

Vicky Olusanya

Feb 13, 2017, 4:27:05 AM2/13/17
to kdctheatre

Good Morning all,

This email is bursting with fun opportunities to get you through a dreary cold Feburary!

Full stack - We're looking for contributions for our writing project, you have till 17th April to submit your 4 page play!

Summer 2017: Directors Wanted - There's still time to apply for directing with us later on this year!

Nick Mouton is looking for an Assistant Stage Manager for Ghost Train, please email x...@kdctheatre.com if this sounds interesting to you.

There is also a very small part for someone to play at the end of Ghost Train (man preferred but the role can be edited for a woman), Nick would be happy to have someone pair up this role with backstage or even assistant director work. Again to email, x...@kdctheatre.com for more information if this sounds like you!

External Opportunities

Below is an interesting TV opp that has come through to us!

'Gordon Ramsay's Production company is looking for amateur cooks to take part in a brand new series, with a chance to win a cash prize.

This is the competitive cookery show, where skill matters! Judged by top celebrity chefs, we're looking for people who simply love to cook and are really good at doing it.'

Please email cas...@studioramsay.com for an application form.

Over 18s only, must have right to live and work in the UK.

Closing date is 28th Feb.'

I have been sent the below email regarding workshops for The Grapes of Wrath so if you would like to be involved (first one is tonight in Paddington 6.15pm - 8pm) please email Scott at scott....@gmail.com.

'Dear KDC,

I was wondering if you might be able to help me and the current project I am working on. I am currently the Assistant Director on The Grapes of Wrath which is directed by Nuffield Theatre Associate Director Abbey Wright. http://www.unitedagents.co.uk/abbey-wright

The show will be touring across the country to the Nuffield Theatre, Royal and Derngate Theatres, Nottingham Playhouse and West Yorkshire Playhouse from March

The show has an untimely relevance to the immigration, financial and environment crisis that we are witnessing today. The migrants at each camp will be made up of members of a community company, the community company will change at each venue, and will be local residents. We are anticipating to make a big impact with the community company with 40+ bodies on the stage. We are rehearsing the show in London and need to rehearse our ideas, and develop the world of the camps with 40 plus actors.

We were wondering whether we could offer this opportunity to your current members. We would be hoping for you to join us in our rehearsal room in the evenings on the 13th and 20th Feb from 6- 8.30.  We would then like to bring in our principal acting company to work those scenes that are set in the camps at a future date. This would give your members a great insight into Abbey's working process,  as well as working on a classic adaption .

We have just started our second week of rehearsals and will be based in London until the 25th Feb, before moving to Southampton.

I look forward to hearing from you, any questions please do let me know.

Thanks,

Scott '

That’s all folks!

Love KDC @kdctheatre