KDC Showdown: A workshop, socials and more

Sarah Dobson

Oct 5, 2016, 4:39:00 AM10/5/16
to 'Kim Morrison' via KDC Theatre
Morning KDC,
We have lots of exciting updates for you. Enjoy!
KDC Incubator Workshop (and social!)
Saturday 15th October
Big Wheel Studios, Farringdon
12pm - 3pm
Get together, get creative, hone your skills and have a jolly good time.
The KDC incubator workshops give us the opportunity to play with new ideas which could form the basis of our next season or inspire you to create something of your own. Primarily a chance to get together with old friends and new faces and get stuck into some creative activities centred around making and performing theatre, there will also be an emphasis on developing performance skills.
The workshop is TOTALLY FREE...all I ask is that you sign up using this form so we can account for numbers. You do not need to be a member or have worked with KDC before, just come along.
We'll have a little drink and a jolly in Exmouth Market afterwards.
Any questions drop me a line; arti...@kdctheatre.com

Have you bought your Winter Season tickets yet?

To book tickets for this season’s fantastic productions call the Barons Court Theatre on 0208 932 4747. Tickets are £12 or £10 for concessions. Here’s a reminder of what we have in store for you…

25th - 29th Oct...@7.30pm: Rabbit by Nina Raine, directed by Hayley Cameron
Bella is celebrating her 29th birthday with a dinner for a group of very different friends, including two of her exes. As the wine flows, the conversation becomes heated and a battle of the sexes commences. However, what most of the guests don’t know is that behind Bella’s bravado, she is struggling to cope with her father’s illness. As the flirtations, disputes, mockery and interrogations between the group of five at the restaurant play out we also gain a glimpse into Bella’s life with her father, a man she loves fiercely but finds equally frustrating.

Comic, tragic and dramatic, Rabbit was the debut play of writer Nina Raine and won her both the Evening Standard’s Charles Wintour Award and the Critics’
Circle Theatre Award for Most Promising Playwright in 2006.

1st - 5th Nove...@7.30pm: Good Person of Szechwan by Bertolt Brecht, directed by Brigitte Adela
We present our interpretation of Bertolt Brecht’s famous parable that explores whether a good person can exist in an unjust society.

Three gods come to earth in search of enough good people to justify their existence. They find Shen Teh, a good hearted but penniless prostitute and reward her by gifting her money that enables her to give up her profession and set up her own business. But can she survive as the people in the town start feeding off her kindness?

5th November@3pm: Concrete Island, Graham White’s adaptation of JG Ballard’s dystopian novel, directed by Rose Pickles
Driving home one Friday rush hour, a cocky young architect crashes down a motorway embankment. At first he seems bound to be rescued, but as he fails to make the passing commuters notice him, he finds himself trapped on a strange, neglected island between the highways. Can this modern day Crusoe survive in this strange new world?

Our rehearsed reading will explore the play’s themes of morality, isolation, violence, our relationship with technology and our subconscious desires.

Opening Night Socials
Seeing plays is great. And so is seeing your KDC buddies. So why not combine the two and come to our opening night socials!

On the 25th October and 1st November the KDC committee will be setting up camp in The Curtains Up pub which sits above the Barons Court Theatre. Join us from 6pm for a drink or two before we head down to see the shows. We’ll be the friendly looking bunch with drinks in hand and a beautiful KDC sign on the table. Make sure you book your ticket if you’re coming along!