KDC Theatre: Showdown: Christmas Quiz and Spring Season Announcement!

Vicky Olusanya

Dec 6, 2016, 7:34:22 AM12/6/16
to kdcth...@googlegroups.com
Good Afternoon KDCers!

I am pleased to announce the details for the spring 2017 season at KDC Theatre:

The Ghost Train - Written by Arnold Ridley, Directed by Nick Mouton, 28th March - 1st April at Barons Court Theatre.
A group of travellers find themselves stranded at a remote railway station somewhere in Cornwall. They disregard the station master's stark warnings and decide to spend the night. However, events threaten to drive the group mad as the ghostly train that haunts the line approaches ever nearer.

Dante's Divine Comedy - Directed by Douglas Baker, 4th - 8th April at Barons Court Theatre.
Dante's Divine Comedy is an epic journey to hell and back again, it is one man's mission to find his lost love Beatrice - who tragically died. It's full of beautiful poetry, colourful characters and a classical, heroic journey through hell, purgatory and paradise.

Den of Thieves - Written by Stephen Adly Guirgis, Directed by Duncan Moore, 11th - 15th April at Barons Court Theatre.
Set in New York, this brilliant comedy looks at twelve-step programme support groups (i.e. Overeaters Anonymous), and plays on the stereotypes of New York Mafia and of inept thieves.

Den of Thieves is a fast-paced comedy filled with heart, soul-searching, honesty, verbal gymnastics, violence and donuts.

Auditions

As usual there is no fee to audition and everyone is welcome:

When: 6:15 - 6:30pm registration, auditions 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm

Tuesday 17th, Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th January 2017

Choose whichever date suits you best.

Recalls: 10am-4pm, Sunday 22 January 2017

Both audition and recall venues to be announced soon!

Please see attached for the audition notices which include a more detailed description of each, casting breakdowns and audition information.

Christmas Quiz<https://www.facebook.com/events/212575305848604/>

What a great way to reminisce over the good things that happened this year (and there have been some, I promise!) over a fun KDC Pub Quiz<https://www.facebook.com/events/212575305848604/> at the The Hoop and Grapes<http://www.hoopandgrapes.co.uk/>. It's a great opportunity to meet up with old cast mates, meet new people in the KDC Community and their friends too. (The quiz is open to all, so bring your mates!)

It's on Thursday 15th December, bar opens at 7pm and the quiz starts at 7.30pm.

All you need is a team of around six (but you can also just turn up and we shall host you!)

There is no cost but we shall be collecting for Crisis<http://www.crisis.org.uk/>, a great charity for the homeless and do great work to help as many be warm and fed for Christmas as they can, so let's share the Christmas love!

Dress code: Christmas jumpers (there will be a prize for the best one :O )

Jeeves & Wooster<http://www.towertheatre.org.uk/perfect_nonsense.htm>

Last, but certainly not least, our very own Will Baltyn who is our webmaster and treasurer will be performing as Jeeves in Tower's run of Jeeves & Wooster in Perfect Nonsense<http://www.towertheatre.org.uk/perfect_nonsense.htm> this week (6th - 10th December). If you can make it do come and see him, he's a terrific performer and Jeeves and Wooster is always a good shout.

Love KDC
@kdctheatre<https://twitter.com/kdctheatre>

Dante Audition Notice Final .pdf
Den of Thieves Audition Notice PDF.docx
The Ghost Train Audition Notice Final.pdf