KDC Theatre: Showdown: Auditions and Newcomers!

Sarah Dobson

Aug 5, 2016, 7:41:06 AM8/5/16
to kdcth...@googlegroups.com
Happy Friday,

Auditions are on!

The sun may have gone away but there is no need to stop drinking those celebratory cocktails - KDC auditions for our Autumn season are officially on. We have two great plays directed by two super women, with parts for all ages and types. You are sure to find something to float your boat.

Audition notices with full details are attached and on our website: https://www.kdctheatre.com

First audition dates: Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st August 2016. Choose whichever date suits you best.

Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm (please try to arrive at 6:45pm to fill in your contact details etc.)

Venue: Clean Break Studios, 2 Patshull Road, Kentish Town, NW5 2LB. The nearest tube is Kentish Town.

Recalls: Saturday 3rd September

Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm

Venue: Clean Break Studios

You will be called by Friday 2nd September if the directors would like to see you again.

Proudly announcing...

RABBIT

Written by Nina Raine

Directed by Hayley Cameron

25th – 29th October 2016

Baron’s Court Theatre

AND

Good Person of Szechwan

Written by Bertolt Brecht
Translated by John Willet
Directed by Brigette Adela

1st - 5th November 2016
Baron's Court Theatre

Newcomers event: next Thursday

For those who want to find out more about KDC operates, hear from the directors and find out how else you can get involved, come along to our Newcomers event, next Thursday 11th August at The Hoop and Grapes, on Farringdon Street: https://en-gb.facebook.com/events/1048378275248136

Audition Notice KDC.doc
Rabbit audition notice.docx

Sarah Dobson

Aug 30, 2016, 4:19:18 AM8/30/16
to kdcth...@googlegroups.com
Calling all KDC-ers: Auditions today!
What better way is there to shake off those post-bank holiday blues than to try out for one of our fabulous plays for Autumn season.

Sarah Dobson

Sep 27, 2016, 2:43:23 PM9/27/16
to 'Kim Morrison' via KDC Theatre
Hello KDCers everywhere,

We've got a jam packed Showdown for you, so hold tight.

Submit your Spring Season pitch by 30th Sept

In Spring 2017 we’ll be back at the Barons Court Theatre for three weeks from March 27th through to April 15th. We’re looking for three directors to take on a week each with rehearsals starting in January 2017.

What's the deal?

Without our wonderful directors nothing would happen. We rely on you creative geniuses to dream up the ideas and become the enthusiastic, balls of energy that inspire our actors to take those ideas to the stage. We want to hear from all budding and established directors who would be interested in pitching a play. Over the past year we’ve had directors doing their first play and their fortieth-ish so don’t let your level of experience deter you.

What kind of thing do we want?

ANYTHING!!! We love theatre in all its dramatic, hilarious, touching and downright avant-garde glory. It’s been a while since we dusted off the Shakespeare folio so we’d be interested to hear some Shakespeare pitches. And if new writing takes your fancy let us know and we’ll send you the scripts that are in the new writing bank.

Things to consider

KDC prefers play with upwards of 8 roles in order to give our actors plenty of parts. However, don’t let that deter you from pitching other things, we have ways…

The theatres we use are fairly small and our show budgets are limited. If you are picturing a revolve and purpose built ship it probably won’t happen.

KDC have fantastic actors but they aren’t professionals: they have lives, families, jobs, insecurities and are doing theatre because they love it, not because they are paid for it. As a director you need to be sensitive this and create an environment where people feel safe and free to be creative. Please have a think about this because it’s very important and we will ask!

I’m interested, what now?

In the first instance drop Kim our Artistic Director (arti...@kdctheatre.com) a quick email briefly explaining what you’d like to pitch by 5pm on Friday 30th September and we can take it from there.We’ll be hearing pitches on Monday 3rd October so please keep that date free.

Want to perform on the Barbican stage with the RSC?

Think you're tough enough to be one of Lear's Knights?

'Here do you keep a hundred knights and squires,

Men so disorder'd, so debauched and bold,

That this our court, infected with their manners,

Shows like a riotous inn'

King Lear, Act 1, Scene 4

The RSC are looking for 24 boisterous and aggressive Knights to play extras in our upcoming production of King Lear. As well as being able to perform on stage with Antony Sher and Paapa Essiedu, the successful Knights will also be able to experience how we put on a show at the RSC.

The RSC is running a taster day on 8 October in South London. If you enjoy the session we will ask you to let us know that you would like to join the cast and we will be in touch to confirm that we can offer you a place as a Knight.

To find out more and register your interest go to http://wfly.co/Ca3w4

Box of Tricks Theatre invites you to

"Our production of Plastic Figurines by Ella Carmen Greenhill at the New Diorama Theatre from 27th September to 22nd October.

“A quietly courageous play about autism” ★★★★ The Guardian

Inspired by events in the playwright's own life, Plastic Figurines is a funny and moving new play that explores autism and the relationship between siblings with very different views of the world.

We are particularly excited about presenting Plastic Figurines at the New Diorama Theatre as we will be working together to make this our most accessible production to date with a captioned performance, relaxed performance and Parent and Baby performance during the run.

For further information about the production and to watch our video trailer, please visit our website.

Box of Tricks Theatre
www.boxoftrickstheatre.co.uk"

And finally....

Cast lists for KDC Autumn shows