The "Winter Special" has returned to Hollister!!!

Quest@HSC

Nov 22, 2011, 2:02:31 AM11/22/11
to KCVH_Soaring_Center_Group, hgcg...@yahoogroups.com
Hi everybody,

Once again it's time to spread the word far and wide about the "Winter
Special" Awesome Flight Training Deal that we're having again this
year at Hollister. This discount plan for glider-pilots-in-training
was initiated by Hollister Gliding Club on December 1st 2008, and now
Hollister Soaring Center LLC is offering this deal again for the
fourth
consecutive year at Hollister.

The HSC 'WInter Special" will run this year from December 1st, 2011
through
February 29th, 2012, and will be available to all pilots-in-training
who
do not yet possess a U.S. Glider Category Rating. The discounts we're
offering are as follows:

1) A total of 20% off of the cost of the tows taken during any given
training session, and
2) A 50% discount on the cost of the glider rental incurred during the
course of any given training session. (Glider rental at this time is
$65.00/hour, so this would be reduced to $32.50/hour.)

The cost of Flight Instruction from one of the HSC CFIGs will still be
at our current rate of $65.00/hour, and all other products and
services will remain at their current standard retail rates.

The genesis of this program came about a few years ago when I realized
that many people who might be considering glider flight training at
Hollister simply negate the idea of doing any training in the
winter-time. This is because they usually think that the weather is
simply too bad to achieve any progress in flight training during these
months. But the truth is that except for storms and a few rainy/gloomy
days, this time of year has many, many days which are actually
EXCELLENT for flying and training. The winter howling winds and
driving rain notwithstanding, there are usually very few days when we
can't do any
training at all. Besides all this, it's not blazing hot and there's no
turbulent sea-breeze to make the training difficult!

So, if you or someone you know has thought about pursuing flight
training in gliders, or you've let your training lapse over the last
few months, now may be the best time to come out to HSC and get going
on that Glider Category rating. Whether you're doing initial training
or an add-on, we can tailor your training to your schedule and really
help you get through that Practical Test before the spring soaring
season rolls around.

Give a call to the HSC cell/office phone at: (831)-632-6235, or shoot
me an e-mail at:
hollisterso...@yahoo.com, and we'll get you on our schedule in
a way that works with your schedule and lifestyle.

'Hope to see some new -and familiar- faces out at Hollister during the
next few months!

Happy soaring and
Discounted winter flight training.
Quest