HSC is actively seeking: Tow pilots; ride pilots; flight-line workers.

Quest@HSC

Oct 20, 2011, 2:55:37 AM10/20/11
to KCVH_Soaring_Center_Group, hgcg...@yahoogroups.com
Hi everybody,

Hollister Soaring Center is actively seeking:

Experienced tow pilots (Pawnee and Piper Cherokee time preferred);
Commercially Certificated scenic glider ride pilots (SGS 2-32
experience mandatory); and Flight Line personnel (all ages welcome,
with energy and enthusiasm a must!).

Experienced tow pilots are preferred, but I will train qualified
pilots who would like to tow on a part-time/permanent basis. (There
will be a refundable fee for this training.) Basic requirements are:
at least 500 hours PIC time in airplanes with at least 150 hours
tailwheel to be eligible for towing in the Pawnee. All interested
pilots should have some time in the Piper Cherokee line of aircraft. A
high-performance endorsement is mandatory, and HSC may be able to
provide that during training for a fee. A Commercial level ASEL pilot
certificate is required to tow gliders as you will be compensated and
this requires a Commercial Certificate. Also, a current 2nd class
medical is required as HSC is an operation which requires a Commercial
Certificate, and therefore a 2nd Class medical. Tow pilots at HSC are
requested to tow at least two days per month (more is certainly better
too). The rate of compensation is $25/day minimum OR $15/tach hour,
whichever is greater.

Scenic Glider Ride pilots MUST have prior experience in the Schweizer
SGS 2-32, and be proficient to the Commercial PTS level, or be willing
to receive a check-out and/or necessary instruction in order to get to
that level. Training will be at the pilot's expense, but will be
billed at the employee rate. Scenic Ride pilots at Hollister must be
very familiar with the area around Hollister, and have some knowledge
of the history, geography, and landmarks of the area. HSC can also
provide training in these skills. To do this job you must be both a
safe pilot and a knowledgeable, entertaining tour guide. Compensation
for ride pilots is $20/hr, with our rides ranging from .5 hrs to 1.2
hrs of payable time. HSC requests that ride pilots work at least two
days per month (or more), with Sundays being the preferred day at this
time.

Flight Line workers at HSC can be any age, gender, or experience
level. We will train new employees in how to operate safely and
efficiently in the Hollister ground environment. A knowledge of
airports, airport operations, glider launching and recovery and
customer service are just a few of the areas in which a Flight Line
worker should have knowledge and skill. Flexibility and the ability to
make important decisions quickly are also necessary for this job. The
ability to physically move gliders and hustle when needed are also
desirable abilities too. This is a minimum wage position, but as an
employee there will be the opportunity to receive glider flight
instruction at reduced rates.

Please feel free to re-post this message to any and all chat-groups
you may belong to as I'd like to try to get this message out far and
wide to the entire North American glider and soaring community.

A much shorter version of this posting will also appear in Soaring
magazine for at least three issues beginning with their December
issue, as well as on their on-line classified advertisements.

I am hopeful that I can find some new, energetic, and dedicated pilots
and Line Personnel through the larger dissemination of this message to
the greater glider and soaring community of northern California, and
perhaps all of the West Coast and eastward too.

Happy soaring and employment seeking,
Quest