HSC requests help from private glider owners.

Quest@HSC

Sep 12, 2011, 1:06:51 PM9/12/11
to KCVH_Soaring_Center_Group, hgcg...@yahoogroups.com
Hi private glider owners,

I would like to enlist the help of the private glider owners who fly
out of Hollister so that I can better plan for tow pilots and glider
launch logistics in the future. The reason for this is that in the
past I have sometimes been caught off guard with a lot of private
owners coming out on a particular day, and then having many launch
requests happening all at once. This, combined with scenic rides
booked back-to-back and lessons also booked this way, can sometimes
make for an unacceptable wait for those venturing onto cross-country
flights.

During times of good soaring conditions, I'd like to have the private
glider owners let me know if you are planning to come out to
Hollister, and approximately what time you will launch. This will help
with scheduling the tows, and let me put gaps in the instructional and
ride schedules as necessary. It would be nice to have a separate
schedule (or even a column within the existing schedule) for the
private owners, but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon.

When it seems that there will be good conditions I usually rely on the
BASA schedule to determine when the "crunch" time will be. But this is
not always accurate because sometimes private owners will want to
launch earlier than the BASA folks.

I know that what I'm asking for here basically amounts to behavior
modification, and it may take time for habits to be changed or new
ones to be inculcated. So this request may not fall into place
overnight. But I feel that if we begin to make it a part of the HSC
flying culture, then over time it will be seen as a basic part of the
written or unwritten checklist of tasks to be performed prior to
flying a private glider out of Hollister.

I can be contacted by phone at the HSC cell/office number:
831-632-6235. Or, feel free to post on one of these chat-groups. Or
send an e-mail to me at: hollisterso...@yahoo.com.

Simply let me know who you are; if you'll be flying on a particular
day (Y/N), and the approx. time of desired launch. I will do all I can
to adjust the HSC/Glider Ride sched and tow pilot work load to take
this into consideration.

Thanks for any/all help with this request.

Happy soaring and notifying,
Quest