1st Practical Test of 2012 Passed!

Quest@HSC

Feb 10, 2012, 1:39:24 AM2/10/12
to KCVH_Soaring_Center_Group
Hi everybody,

Congratulations are in order for Wolf Weber on the successful
completion of his Practical Test for a Commercial Pilot Certificate
with a Glider Rating. Great job Wolf!! His CFIG was Charlie Hayes, so
Charlie also deserves a round of applause and congratulations on a job
well done!!

Wolf is well known to many of us in the Hollister area as he's a
Member of BASA, as well as having been a former Officer with that Club
and serving them in many different capacities. A couple years ago he
also became a partner in the ownership of his own sailplane, which
just happened to be Ramy Yanetz's previous ship. The old TG became the
new 5W, and that glider has once again been exploring the realms of
exciting cross-country flights around the region, albeit with a
different pilot at the controls.

Wolf initially made contact with me a few months ago with an inquiry
about moving from the Private level of glider Certification to the
Commercial level. I was a little bit curious as to why he wanted to
make this jump to the Commercial level, initially thinking that he
might be interested in doing commercial glider rides for Bay Area
Glider Rides. But he simply informed me that he was just looking to
become a better all-'round glider pilot and thought that this would be
a good way to increase his skill level. As a BASA Member it just
seemed fitting that he should do his training in one of their gliders,
so he began working with Charlie in the DGs right around the holidays.
Wolf endured many simulated rope breaks, no-spoiler approaches, full-
spoiler approaches and any and all other challenges that Charlie could
throw at him to get him ready for the Examiner. On Sunday, January
29th, at about 10:30 AM Wolf wowed DPE Dave Morss with his Commercial
level skills and took home that little piece of paper that we all
covet after the completion of a Practical Test. Wolf works for one of
the bigger hi-tech firms in the Silicon Valley, but on that day he
accomplished "one small step" to becoming a more skilled and
experienced aviator. Once again, congratulations go out to Wolf and
Charlie for jobs well done!

Happy soaring, and enjoying the rewards of climbing all those small
steps to becoming a better glider pilot!
Quest