Volunteers requested at HSC on Wednesday, March 14th.

Quest@HSC

Feb 21, 2012, 2:19:35 PM2/21/12
to KCVH_Soaring_Center_Group, hgcg...@yahoogroups.com
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a couple private owners or a few BASA Members who
would like to come out to Hollister and talk gliders and soaring to
40-50 local business folks between 5:30PM-7:00PM on Wednesday, March
14th.

In mid-July of 2011 I finally joined the local San Benito County
Chamber of Commerce as the Manager and Owner of Hollister Soaring
Center LLC (also dba Bay Area Glider Rides). The Chamber holds monthly
business "mixers" called "Business After Hours", and any local
business can volunteer to hold this gathering at their place of
business. I volunteered HSC last summer after I joined, and now I'm
making preparations for that event.

We'll be holding the meeting in Hugh's Vintage Aircraft Museum on the
airport here in Hollister. Some of Hugh's aircraft will be pulled out
onto the ramp, and some will be left inside for people to look at.
Additionally, I will probably bring the Pawnee out and put it in front
of the Museum, as well as one of the 2-32s. It would be great if we
could have one of the DGs there too, and possibly a private ship that
can be assembled, and then disassembled during the course of the
event. I know that this is a lot to ask, and it's not absolutely
necessary to do this much, but if a few folks wanted to just come out
to chat and answer questions that would be great too.

A bonus to all this is that I plan to be out at the airport all day on
the 14th, so HSC WILL BE OPEN and providing tows that day. If it's a
great day for soaring, then perhaps a private owner might be able to
disassemble their ship outside the hangar at the end of the day to
show folks how that's done.

Any and all are invited to come, and I'm working on snacks, hors
d'oeuvres, wine, etc

Several of the HSC employees will be there, and if anyone's
interested, please give a call or send me an e-mail.

Happy soaring, noshing and networking,
Quest
(831) 632-6235