Another Practical Test passed at HSC!!

Quest@HSC

Oct 21, 2011, 1:35:35 AM10/21/11
to KCVH_Soaring_Center_Group, hgcg...@yahoogroups.com
Hi everybody,

Hollister Soaring Center would like to congratulate Jean-Francois
"Jeff" Albouze on the successful completion of his Practical Test to
add a Glider Category Rating to his Private Pilot Certificate. Great
job Jeff!

Jeff passed his Practical Test with Designated Pilot Examiner Dave
Morss on the morning of Saturday, October 8th, just before the
beginning of our Panoche Gliderpalooza. He enjoyed the feeling of
victory for just a few minutes before deciding to hop into an HSC 2-32
with Charlie Hayes and take a tow to release ranch to enjoy the fun of
the Fall Gliderpalooza. In fact, it was fortuitous that Charlie had
just returned from working in the Yukon and was actually able to give
Jeff a Panoche check-out during the course of the day.

Very soon thereafter Jeff joined BASA and is on his way to getting
some dual time in the DGs and is also looking forward to flying the
Junior as soon as possible. He might even get some very-end-of-season
soaring under his belt should we get a good stretch of warm weather
with some instability during the next couple weeks.

Jeff is originally from France, but is now based in the Bay Area as
he's working at a very "fruitful" computer company that's based here.
Trained initially as a power pilot, Jeff began flying with us here in
Hollister during the early part of the summer, and just kept working
at it every week or two with the goal of finishing up before the
unpredictable winter weather set in. Now that he's got his ticket and
"the bug" he'll have a few months to get up to speed in the BASA ships
and be ready for the great spring soaring and maybe even the Hollister
League. (For some reason I bet that Jeff will feel right at home in
the BASA Pegasi as soon as he can make the transition to them. The two
ships might even thermal faster and higher with a fellow countryman at
the controls!).

(I must admit that as his CFIG, I may have over-prepared Jeff for the
Practical Test. That's because the Examiner spent a very short time
with him during the oral portion of the Test. But then I assured him
that everything he learned would come in handy in the future should he
take up the sport and pursue it with enthusiasm. This he seems to have
done quite quickly, so I don't feel at all bad about any over-
preparedness I might be guilty of!)

Once again, congratulations Jeff on a job well done!

Happy soaring,
Quest