Tows on Monday.

Quest_R@HSC

May 7, 2012, 2:57:40 AM5/7/12
to hgcg...@yahoogroups.com, KCVH_Soaring_ Center_Group
Hi everybody,

It seems that the soaring forecast for Monday is not as promising at the moment as it had been over the last 48 hours or so. Most of the pilots who'd spoken up about flying have now changed their minds and decided not to come out. I have spoken with James Mueller and he is available to tow in the Pawnee or a Cherokee, but he also has agreed to fly the skydive plane when they're ready to go sometime in the early afternoon. At this time there is only one pilot I know of who will be coming out and he has reserved a BASA ship at 1PM. However, I don't feel that it's cost effective to bring in a tow pilot for just one glider tow, so I'll need at least one, if not two, more pilots who desire to fly before I consider it a "critical mass" and commit to providing tows. I will not be in at all on Monday, so those who wish to fly should post or call the HSC phone at 831-632-6235 and confirm that you'll be out. Otherwise I will need to cancel tows and tell the BASA Member that he won't be able to get a tow on Monday.

Please let me know ASAP so I can make a go/no-go decision as early as possible on Monday.

Happy soaring,
Quest