Another Practical Test passed at HSC!

Quest@HSC

Sep 3, 2011, 11:11:09 AM9/3/11
to KCVH_Soaring_Center_Group, hgcg...@yahoogroups.com
Hi everybody,

Rajat Chopra is the latest success story at Hollister Soaring Center
LLC. In August he passed his Practical Test with Designated Pilot
Examiner Dave Morss and obtained an Initial Private Pilot Certificate
with a Glider Rating. Congratulations Rajat!!

Rajat had met BASA Member and HSC employee Jim Britton at their place
of work, and Jim had invited Rajat out for a ride in the DG505 a
couple years ago. That first ride was enough to get Rajat fired up
about training for his Private Certificate. He began his training with
me shortly thereafter and took advantage of the HSC Winter Special
during the winter of 2010. He continued his training into the spring
and eventually soloed at HSC on June 23rd of 2010. Rajat then
continuously flew for the next few weeks, and built up all the
required solos needed for the Practical Test. But alas, his work in
the hi-tech/code-writing field pulled him away from gliders and
soaring for the better part of a year. In fact, for a while it looked
as if Rajat may need to move back to India, with the final stretch of
his goal slipping further and further away. But things worked out so
he could stay in Silicon Valley to work, and we finally saw him come
out to finish his training these past couple months.

Rajat has been taking a few of his friends and family up for scenic
rides in the HSC SGS 2-32, but is seriously interested in joining BASA
and pursuing the finer points and the joy of soaring flight in high-
performance fiberglass ships.

Once again, congratulations Rajat on a job well done, and we are
looking forward to your presence within the local Hollister/Northern
California soaring community!

And my apologies for taking so long to post this message!

Happy soaring,
Quest