Re: petition proposal

KCUF Media [Mike Blessing]

Dec 7, 2008, 12:04:48 AM12/7/08
to Ron Bjornstad, Allen Cogbill, Mark Curtis, Richard Obergfell, John Pfersich, Jay Vandersloot, Mike Moss, Bert Ickler, Bob Finch, Gil Heredia

http://tinyurl.com/6hrla6
http://tinyurl.com/59cual
http://tinyurl.com/5klvy9
http://tinyurl.com/643xhp
http://tinyurl.com/6a9gr2

> We would like to make sure that ballot access is started earlier and
> done more efficiently for the 2010 and 2012 elections. If we start
> early we can avoid last minutes screw ups and do the job cheaper and
> more efficiently. New Mexico just happens to be one of the states
> where we can start right now (some states are prohibited from starting
> until 2010 or 2012).
>
> I believe that the signature requirement for party status in New
> Mexico has increased since the last ballot access petition drive was
> done in 2005. Do you know what the new requirement is? If so, you or
> I or somebody should contact the New Mexico Secretary of State's
> office to find out.
>
> You said that the petition form that is needed to regain ballot status
> is the same form that we used in 2005, with the exception of the year
> 2006 being replaced with the year 2010. You also indicated that the
> election office could potentially take its sweet time about getting us
> the new form if they want to or if they are lazy. Would it be possible
> for you or somebody else to put in a request to get the new ballot
> access form right now? If the process to get the form is done now that
> is one less thing that will have to be done once the funding for the
> petition drive is available.
>
> I told you that we have around $1,200 at Freedom Ballot Access that we
> could use for New Mexico LP ballot access. How much money do you think
> (ballpark) that the New Mexico LP could contribute to the drive?

After the motorcycle buyout? I'm not optimistic on this.

> We have lists for Libertarians around the country who could be
> potential contributors. If you want, we could also fund raise from
> the New Mexico LP. A few Libertarians from New Mexico are on our
> lists, but we do not have a comprehensive list of every LP member in
> New Mexico.
>
> I looked at the New Mexico LP website and I did not see any link where
> people could donate money, nor did I even see an address where people
> could mail a donation. We are going to have to have a link where
> people can donate or at least an address to tell them where to send a
> donation before we can start. Can you all get a link for donations up
> soon? If not can you at tell us where to have people mail their
> donations?
>
> I think that it makes good sense to get the ball rolling right now. If
> we can start the process right now then perhaps we could be on the
> ground gathering signatures in January. This will give us the chance
> to knock out New Mexico - a relatively warm weather state compared to
> other parts of the country - and then give us more time to focus on
> knocking out a cold weather state in the spring or summer. So get back
> to me as soon as you can.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
> 702-785-4738

Just talked with Andy via phone for about an hour -- sounds like
someone we want to bring into the loop for our ballot access
situation.
-- Mike Blessing / http://xanga.com/mikewb1971