Re: [lpradicals] Oregon Libertarians expel dissenters

KCUF Media [ Mike Blessing ]

Aug 24, 2008, 9:01:25 PM8/24/08
to lprad...@yahoogroups.com, lpnm-d...@yahoogroups.com
Joseph Knight wrote:
> --- Joshua Katz <jala...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Joseph Knight <NM_Libertarian@ yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>> MY county affiliate, San Juan County NM, gave the \
>> Bobarrians SCORCHED EARTH.
>
>> I don't understand - why no candidates?
>
> I was the only potential candidate, considering a run for county commission.
> But I'll be damned if I'd run on a slate with Bob Barr and it was too late
> to run as an independent.

Wrong answer. Mark Curtis and I are and were potential candidates,
respectively.

I had to withdraw my candidacy for personal reasons, and Mark is
trying to get an straight answer from the County Clerk's Office
as to whether he actually is on the ballot or not, after he went
around his neighborhood collecting petition signatures.

As for Joseph being a potential candidate, all I ever heard of
the prospect was one mention of it at the State Convention in
April 2008. For about two months before and after that Convention,
Mark and I were talking up our prospective campaigns.

-- Mike Blessing
http://xanga.com/mikewb1971
http://xanga.com/kcufmedia