Re: [LPNM-discuss] grotesque methods to influence public

KCUF Media [Mike Blessing]

Dec 4, 2008, 5:29:24 PM12/4/08
to lpnm-d...@yahoogroups.com
mle...@comcast.net wrote:
> From: "Rob Taylor" <obet...@msn.com>
>> Hey Folks,
>>
>> It seems the news and the government want us to be upset at the
>> terrorist attack in India, so they can put our military front and
>> center in another country. However, look what our own drug demands
>> are doing to our own borders. This is how criminalizing vice makes
>> everyone a potential victim to crime. Prohibition creates the
>> criminal and expands the crimes to encompass all aspects of society
>> eventually corrupting the country. This is exemplified by where we
>> are today as a nation. I would rather be shot in a hotel in India
>> than tortured in Tijuana. How about you?
>>
>> Sincerely, Rob
>>
>> Mexican cartels send message of chaos, death
>>
>> Drug gangs use increasingly grotesque methods to influence public
>> opinion
>>
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28045145/
>
> Mexico is a failed state. Even as a libertarian, I think I would
> advocate nationalization of the drug industry, with pot and cocaine
> sold at bargain prices in state owned stores.

Kind of like how some states in the Union have a legally-mandated
monopoly on retail-level package liquor sales. You want a drink, go to
a bar or restaurant. You want to take your booze home, you got to the
"state store." On military bases, it goes by the handle of "Class
Six," after the code in the military logistics system for food and
drink.

I remember these state stores from when I lived in Pennsylvania --
there were a few times that my mom or dad stopped at one with me as a
kid. From what I can remember, I'd put Kelly Liquors up against those
outfits any day of the week, in terms of selection and price.

> I don't think there is any chance of ending the corruption in Mexico
> other than taking the drug money. Cocaine based weight loss tourism,
> would just be an added bonus.
>
> Mexico also should compete for the contracts to build the wall on the
> border.

Ha ha!

> Perhaps we should nail these plans to Mexican consulate doors during
> our mass action protests.

-- Mike Blessing / http://xanga.com/mikewb1971

KCUF Media [Mike Blessing]

Dec 4, 2008, 6:47:56 PM12/4/08
to lpnm-d...@yahoogroups.com
mle...@comcast.net wrote:

> Yeah, I've experienced state liquor stores in Washington state also.
> Private enterprise is to be preferred. Mexico's situation is so bad
> that if state stores is the only way to get it legalized, it might
> still be better than the current situation.

I'm of the opinion that if the Drug War Pigs really wanted to wipe out
the market for the substances that they profess to want to eliminate,
they would have government nationalize the market.

Think about it -- they would price the stuff so low (subsidized with
taxation, of course) that they would never make a profit, the quality
of product available would bottom out, and the people behind the
counter selling it would take a break every hour. Not to mention that
they wouldn't work on weekends, past 5 PM during the week, would get
all of the federal holidays off, and would practically have to burn
the store down in order to be fired.

> I'm just worried that might take a military convoy to deliver new
> supplies. -- Martin

Only in the beginning (see above).