KPI Spring 2017 Permaculture Design Course

Steve Moring

Nov 16, 2016, 2:55:38 PM11/16/16
to KPC-Dev Google Groups), Growing Growers Discussion List, Food-Not-Lawns KC, Sustainability Action, Young, Carla, JCfoodCouncil, K.C. No Till list-serve, KC Organics and Natural Market, list-serv - KCPeer, Lawrence Fruit Tree Project, Kaw Council

Kaw Permaculture and the Kansas Permaculture Institute’s Spring Permaculture Design Certification Course,Re-skilling for the Future: A Course in Permaculture Ethics, Principles and Design begins on Thursday, February 23, 2017 at the Dreher 4-H Building, 2110 Harper St. in Lawrence.

The course consists of a series of ten, three hour classroom lectures and video screenings, and six field sessions held every Thursday from 6 – 9 pm and Saturdays from 1-4 pm until mid April.  The course culminates with four, six hour hands-on practicum sessions, where students will learn about various applications of permaculture design principles. The practicum session will take place in April and May, when we will visit different demonstration farms and urban gardens. Students that complete the 72 hours of course instruction will be awarded a Permaculture Design Certificate from the Kansas Permaculture Institute.

Learn how to consciously design and maintain productive ecosystems that have the diversity, stability, and resilience of natural ecosystems through participating in small group activities and viewing examples of permaculture applied in different contexts.  Apply what you learn at home and in your neighborhood. Through the harmonious integration of landscape and people, we are better able to produce food, energy, shelter, and meet other needs, both material and non-material-in a sustainable way.

Begin your journey toward sustainability by registering today. For information on course content, meeting times, locations and registration go to our website: http://www.kawpermaculture.com/education-training/ or contact, Steve Moring at 785-691-7305.