Meeting -- January 9th 2008

1 view

djgoku

Dec 12, 2007, 11:04:22 PM12/12/07
to kc...@googlegroups.com
I haven't got a meeting place yet, will probably just find somewhere
near the Plaza.

Any ideas?

csh%

Dec 13, 2007, 11:24:35 PM12/13/07
to Kansas City *BSD User's Group
plaza sounds fine. or maybe crown center area? some very public
area... (no one gets their butt kicked). and really, neer a book store
would be nice sometimes, if you need to reference or something.
Borders? -they have at least two BSD books for tips/references... (?)

djgoku

Dec 14, 2007, 1:27:09 AM12/14/07
to kc...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 13, 2007 10:24 PM, csh% <mbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> plaza sounds fine. or maybe crown center area? some very public
> area... (no one gets their butt kicked). and really, neer a book store
> would be nice sometimes, if you need to reference or something.
> Borders? -they have at least two BSD books for tips/references... (?)

I am not sure what "no one gets there butt kicked" remark? I haven't
ever been to crown center, but it seems it is north of liberty
memorial which isn't too far off from plaza. I will bring a laptop so
if we have wifi we can google to get information. I am pretty much
going to just talk about finding a permanent meeting place and do a
small demo.

Jonathan

Noah

Dec 20, 2007, 7:11:38 PM12/20/07
to Kansas City *BSD User's Group
I'll try to make it on the 9th. What part of town is everyone from? I
work in the downtown loop but live out in Lenexa. That would
probably be a good thing to discuss at the first meeting before
figuring out a permanent meeting place. Book stores, libraries,
malls, coffee shops and restaurants are good choices. No one will get
their butt kicked in those places ;)

Free public WiFi is always a Good Thing(tm)

--Noah Dunker
OpenBSD Zealot