Groundbreaking for Heart of America Bridge bike/ped lane

Eric Rogers

Mar 26, 2010, 8:35:34 AM3/26/10
to kc-bike-...@googlegroups.com
Great news. MoDOT is *finally* going to start construction on Kansas City's first barrier-separated bicycle and pedestrian path over the Missouri River. Next week there will be a special groundbreaking ceremony for this retrofit of the Heart of America Bridge between Downtown and North Kansas City, due for completion by the end of this year. All bicyclists and pedestrian are invited to attend.

Heart of America Bridge Groundbreaking
Wednesday, March 31st, 10:00 a.m.
3rd and Cherry Streets
Kansas City, MO

The event will take place near the 3rd Street on-ramp to the bridge in the Columbus Park neighborhood, just a few blocks east of the City Market. Please spread the word. I hope to see some of you there!

Eric Rogers

P.S. stay tuned for groundbreaking for a similar project on the Chouteau Bridge, later this spring.

Eric Rogers

Mar 29, 2010, 6:46:18 PM3/29/10
to KC Bike Commuters
FYI, KCBike.Info is organizing a group ride to this ceremony from
Westport. We'll leave Westport & Penn at 9:00 a.m. and stop to pickup
Downtowners at 9:30 a.m. at City Hall (12th and Locust).

http://kcbike.info/2010/03/29/hoa-ground-breaking-ride/

-Eric