Advocate for bicycling and walking in our state capitals

Eric Rogers

Jan 21, 2009, 10:18:53 AM1/21/09
to KC Bike Commuters
This February we have two great opportunities to advocate for better
pedestrian and bicycling support in Jefferson City and Topeka. Both
states are currently making decisions about long term transportation
investments in the context of budget problems and climate change, so
this year it is more important than ever for us to speak up for
ourselves.

Events in both capitals will feature face-to-face meetings with our
state legislators, giving you a chance to talk directly with the folks
making decisions about policies and funding for bicycling and walking.

KANSAS: FEBRUARY 4TH
Join KanBikeWalk for Kansas’ first-ever Advocacy Day.
http://www.kanbikewalk.com/2009/01/join-kanbikewalk-for-advocacy-day-on-feb-4th/

MISSOURI: FEBRUARY 24th
This is Missouri Bicycle Federation’s third annual Bicycle Day at the
Capitol, and it looks to be the biggest and best yet.
http://mobikefed.org/2009/01/join-mobikefed-for-bicycle-day-at.php

I hope to see you in Jefferson City and/or Topeka!

Eric Rogers