Request For Endorsements by 22nd July to ask FSSAI to stop its plan for mandatory fortification on various food items and promote real solutio

sameet panda

Jul 22, 2021, 2:24:01 AM7/22/21
to odisha-right-t...@googlegroups.com, kbkrou...@googlegroups.com, Oregs

Dear Friends,
The FSSAI is pushing for mandatory fortification on various food items. Please if you can endorse the statement by ASHA on the issue.

Regards
Sameet
Request For Endorsements by 22nd July to ask FSSAI to stop its plan for mandatory fortification on various food items and promote real solutions

Hello,

ASHA and several allies have been communicating with the FSSAI to question its plans to make fortification mandatory for edible oil, rice and possibly milk, wheat and salt. More details here https://ffrc.fssai.gov.in/ This will lead to huge corporate profits and concentration for a few agribusiness companies and be hugely detrimental to small farmers, rice millers, and local communities as well as consumers.

We have drafted a response to the FSSAI (see attached for response) and are seeking endorsements by organizations as well as individual experts in the field of health, agriculture and food. We are not able to take edits to the document now and are seeking only endorsements. Please send us your endorsements by July 22 on asha.kis...@gmail.com by sharing your details or email directly here in this format preferably:

Name, role, organizational affiliation, state

If you sign on, we will assume that you are interested in this issue and may reach out to you directly again for future campaign activities related to food fortification.

Our original email to FSSAI here on mandatory food fortification - http://www.kisanswaraj.in/2020/11/05/ashas-response-on-fssai%E2%80%99s-planned-mandatory-fortification-of-edible-oil-with-vitamin-aand-vitamin-d-and-rice-with-vitamin-b12-iron-and-folic-acid/

FSSAI's response to us on this in response to which the attached letter has been drafted is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FDqjiUEaCoRFckoIgA1nS4gfXEj8dC6t/view?usp=sharing--

--
Sameet