1 view

ACHYUT DAS

Aug 8, 2021, 7:51:34 PM8/8/21
to rra-india, Asha-kisanswaraj, kbkroundtable
Dear Friends,

Please read my Facebook Posting on a Village Kapadang where GO-NGO Convergence has been attempted.

https://www.facebook.com/achyutdas/posts/4608974539148380

GO-NGO PLANNING MEETING AT KAPADANG VILLAGE OF KASHIPUR
On 03-08-2021, a very important meeting was organised at Kapadang village of Sankarada Gram Panchayat, Kashipur Block, Rayagada District in which the District Officials from Department of Agriculture, Horticulture, Soil Conservation, Animal Husbandry, ORMAS, OLM, DRDA, ITDA, BDO , the Sarpanch, Agragamee and Ama Sangathan had participated. The PD, DRDA Mr.Maheswar Naik, OAS has presided over the Meeting. After the villagers , the Sarpanch, Mrs. Sumani Jhodia ( Ama Sangathan) and Mrs. Vidhya Das( Agragamee)had raised various issues regarding the long term development of the village, the District Officials had analysed the problems and had proposed various Government Programmes and Schemes. I had written about Kapadang village in the Facebook sometime back and, thereby,had informed the Adminstration that the village is getting flow irrigation for more than 100 acres of land but very little is used due to lack of fencing in the village. There is cattle menace round the year. The brush would fencing has been difficult and the wire mesh fencing is difficult to afford. The District Administration and the Development Commissioner have taken special interest after reading my Facebook posting and have decided to focus on Kapadang village for comprehensive development on a collaborative framework in which the Community, the Panchayat, the NGOs and the Administration will join hand and it has come to a reality.
The village will implement various schemes as per their need and ensure a) Food and Nutrition Security, b) Processing and Marketing of Surplus , c) Organic/Ecological Marketing, d) Training and Capacity Building to ensure Income and Livelihood Securities, e) Enhance the Quality of Life Indicators , f) Development of Basic Infrastructure. A lot of ideas and experiences were shared in the meeting. The Nutri-garden( Mo Upakari Bagicha) and Monsoon Potato Programme have already been started. All the Participants of the meeting visited the field also to see the commencement of the programmes.
Why Kapadang Village? A few months back, despite my failing health had visited this remote PKVY village and had interacted with the villagers to know more about their Socio-economic situation and enormous Natural Resources. A Hope and Dream have been generated and being taken forward. In Kapadang, I see these hopes and dreams for each of this villages of our country and why not? We have a responsibility as a Civil Society Organisation, as a Government promising Good Governance, as a Panchayat committed to develop its people and, above all, the constant endeavour to remove hunger and poverty through a process of Sustainable Development.

Best wishes.

Achyut Das
Achyut Das
Director
Agragamee
Kashipur -765015
Rayagada Odisha
India
Phone: 06865 285149/0674 2551123
mobile: 09437073588
Fax: 0674 2551130
e-mail: achy...@agragamee.org/achy...@gmail.com
Blog:http://friendsofkashipur.blogspot.com
website:www.agragamee.org

ACHYUT DAS

Aug 13, 2021, 1:56:24 AM8/13/21
to rra-india, Asha-kisanswaraj, kbkroundtable
You are partially right Mr. Kanitkar.

If this GO-NGO convergence is not accepted at the highest level , then nothing perculates  below. It has happened in Odisha as the CM and his Advisors do not support GO-NGO convergence at an institutional level. This has far reaching ramification  at the lower level.

Best wishes.

Achyut

Achyut Das
Director
Agragamee
Kashipur -765015
Rayagada Odisha
India
Phone: 06865 285149/0674 2551123
mobile: 09437073588
Fax: 0674 2551130
e-mail: achy...@agragamee.org/achy...@gmail.com
Blog:http://friendsofkashipur.blogspot.com
website:www.agragamee.org

On Thu, 12 Aug 2021 at 16:17, AJIT KANITKAR <kanitk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Mr. Das.
Convergence closer to place of development action seems workable rather than at higher up levels.
Ajit

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021, 07:13 achyut das <achy...@agragamee.org> wrote:
Thanks Mr. Kanitkar for sharing the report which I have gone through. For Sustainable Village Development, GO-NGO convergence and collaboration is non-negotiable. The then Planning Commission in the 1990s had set up a Joint Machinery to forge alliance between the Government and the NGOs at the highest level in which 20 secretaries of GoI and 20 Leading NGO Functionaries of the Country ( including myself) were members.The PMO was actively involved. Unfortunately, it did not work on a long term basis and was forgotten. Now things are totally different as we in the NGO Sector watch helplessly how the Sector has been throttled and emasculated. I give you the example of Odisha where we have been trying to have some GO-NGO Collaboration at the State Level  for Disasters like Covid-19 Pandemic but in vain. However, the silver lining is that at the District Level, many Dist. Collectors have shown excellent examples of GO-NGO Convergence.

On my own initiative,  I have written about 4 villages in different districts where there has been substantial Community Participation and I had posted these sparks on Facebook. This has been noted by the GoO Officials at the highest level and have instructed the Dist. Administration to go for GO-NGO convergence which includes Kapadang Village.

I am an incurable optimist and believe immensely  in this Collaborative Framework on the Ground where the Community, the PRIs, the Government and the NGO/CSO meet in one platform and show examples. This can be a possibility for every village and make the Gram Swaraj of the Mahatma Gandhi a reality!

Best wishes.

Achyut Das

On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 at 10:54, AJIT KANITKAR <kanitk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all

Since we are discussing Convergence, happy to share a report that we did for BAIF in 2020.
Please have a look at the framework of convergence we proposed in that report

Pages 52 onwards.

Thanks.

Ajit Kanitkar
9818369328

On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 at 08:30, Dr. D. K. Sadana <sada...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Achyut Das,

Although a very appreciative approach to dealing with the total village issues [planning stage now] by involving most of the stakeholders and bringing in the GO and NGO at one platform ~ reaching this 'under one roof' stage is possible only by your teams' having achieved excellent results and demonstrated developments at the ground level in those tough and demanding areas by Agragamee and Ama Sangathan as noted all these years ~ as also creating a valuable model for other regions and states to gain from and creating more Kapadang's...

Yet, you are taking 'cattle as a menace' and considering fencing as a solution (?). Do you think it can work in the long term or even in the short ? The best brains getting together in the above 'Meeting of the 3rd August' could have considered everything around as a 'part of solution' in the face of the need for sustainability and ecosystem restoration. Your teams and the current approach can help us help it out.

Isn't the Forest Department (for fodder issues) also a part of the above Meet?

Best Wishes,
-Sadana

Founder, ILSI
Indigenous Livestock Society - India; 21 Sector 8, UE, Karnal-132 001
डॉ. डी. के. सडाना.   ਦਾ. ਦੀ. ਕੇ. ਸਦਾਨਾ  سدانہ . دی کے   Dr. D. K. Sadana
+91 94160.30654   Twitter: @IndianBreeds

Achyut Das
Director
Agragamee